paul@thefort 30-Jan-21
Pole Mtn 30-Jan-21
deerhunter72 30-Jan-21
paul@thefort 30-Jan-21
Shuteye 30-Jan-21
spike78 01-Feb-21
30-Jan-21

paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Tropical Heat Wave. 22 degrees warmer than yesterday. Geese will fly earlier, in the blind by 7:30
Tropical Heat Wave. 22 degrees warmer than yesterday. Geese will fly earlier, in the blind by 7:30
normal high flyers coming off the lake at 7;45.. Lots of open water.
normal high flyers coming off the lake at 7;45.. Lots of open water.

30-Jan-21

8:15 I hear geese behind me, Hard to see I think they just flew past.
8:15 I hear geese behind me, Hard to see I think they just flew past.
Wind is blowing, hard to hear. a minute later I look to my left through the camo screen. Hell, 4 geese in range!
Wind is blowing, hard to hear. a minute later I look to my left through the camo screen. Hell, 4 geese in range!
I ranged the closest one, 21 yards. but then the goose walked away from me. I picked out one of the other, shot low. Grabbed an arrow, shot high. They flew to the other side of the pasture
I ranged the closest one, 21 yards. but then the goose walked away from me. I picked out one of the other, shot low. Grabbed an arrow, shot high. They flew to the other side of the pasture
Ten minutes later the four geese were joined by another flock. Later I sent Chase out to scare them away.
Ten minutes later the four geese were joined by another flock. Later I sent Chase out to scare them away.

30-Jan-21

So a big egg this morning. I AMOST did every thing right and Chase had a good time as I did. There is a bright side to this hunt; I don't have to clean any geese. :) My best, Paul

30-Jan-21
Paul, better luck next time!

30-Jan-21
DAMMITBOY ! Poor Chase was almost unemployed:-(

30-Jan-21
Better luck next time. On the plus side, you are hunting. Good on ya.

30-Jan-21
Glad you and Chase got out hunting. Thanks for sharing and better luck next time Paul!

30-Jan-21
That's huntin'. Chase still deserves a treat, goose or not.

30-Jan-21
You'll get em' tomorrow. Just curious, in the second pic you said you missed high? Was your arrow in the wall?

30-Jan-21
Actually not "in the wall". The geese I missed were within 23 yards and to the south. After the miss, they flew to the other side of the pasture, to the west, which borders on the neighbors property, as you can see their house in the picture. If you are commenting on the white structure in the back ground where the 4 geese first landed, that is a white 12inch irrigation pipe which might look like a "wall". Hope this helps.

30-Jan-21
I was referring to the pic with the house in the background, joking though I didn’t really think you’d shot the house.

30-Jan-21
Always great photography!

30-Jan-21
yea, the neighbor just had all new windows put in.

30-Jan-21
There is always tomorrow. Good luck paul. Our deer season ends tomorrow normally. However they have added a three day season starting February for flintlock or other old time muzzle loaders that have no scope and must be side lock. It is predicted a heavy snow will start tomorrow night. I have a an old 45 side lock and if it snows I may go. I love to hunt in the snow. I will only go if my neighbor wants a deer, I have all I need.

01-Feb-21
Paul when I take my dog out for pheasants and she puts them up and I miss that is exactly what I say. At least I don’t have to mess with pheasants ha. As long as the dog is happy I don’t care.

• Sitka Gear