Contributors to this thread:
Bowfreak 30-Jan-21
WV Mountaineer 30-Jan-21
Predeter 30-Jan-21
orionsbrother 31-Jan-21
Predeter 31-Jan-21
smarba 10-Feb-21
30-Jan-21
I have the Nomad II. I am almost always operating similar to your option 1 scenario. I never put my bow in the grab it so I'm not much help. I add a camp bag to this setup and I can pack in for a few nights at a time.

I love this setup for hauling meat. It worked perfect for me.

30-Jan-21
That’s the one thing about the older Kifaru bags. They all seem to flop loose unless loaded. From the mountain rambler to all the older offerings.

I don’t know what to tell you how to fix it other then separate side compression. Which might be hard on the older frames. I don’t know how many side loops a bikini offers.

I tell you what I will do though. I’ll ship you a 24” lite frame to see if works for you. To put separate compression straps on that will go over the entire load. Packed or empty. If you have a 38 inch waist, I’ll send the whole frame. Belt and all. If you need smaller, if the bikini belt will fit the new frame sheet, it’s yours to try. Just ship it back when done.

FWIW, the newer frames address all this with more side loops.

30-Jan-21
Does the bikini not have loops to attach female buckles so your grab-it straps connect to the top of the frame?

Maybe you could sew some on?

31-Jan-21
I don’t have any experience with the Nomad, but suspect a couple of extra compression straps would take care of the slop.

Also, I prefer to use my KUIU Bowholder for my bow rather than my Grab It.

31-Jan-21

Predeter's embedded Photo
Predeter's embedded Photo
Kind of hard to tell, but this picture shows how I have mine set up with both Grab-it and lid attachment on the top of the pack with the hunter frame and Nomad 2.

10-Feb-21
Glad you solved it Scoot. I was going to suggest carrying extra gear ALL the time to fill out the pack and make you stronger...

• Sitka Gear