BrentC 03-Feb-21
pikemaster 05-Feb-21
Hancock West 05-Feb-21
DanaC 05-Feb-21
Rackmastr 05-Feb-21
KHNC 05-Feb-21
4nolz@work 05-Feb-21
30-Jan-21
I get a chance to go on a guided whitetail hunt from a company I do business with. They basically gave me free rain of where I want to go. I have never been on a guided hunt. I thought I would reach out and see if anyone has some good recommendation of guides they have used before that you have had good experiences with.

30-Jan-21
I would go to canada and hunt some of those big dark chocolate horn bucks. If not there I'd go to buffalo cty wi.

30-Jan-21
Do you have any preference points for Iowa?

30-Jan-21
Do you want to hunt with bow or gun?

31-Jan-21
No preference point for any states. I'm open to bow or gun.

31-Jan-21
If I was given "free rain" as you described, I'd probably use it to purchase one of the fundraiser archery licenses in Iowa, and hunt the first 2 weeks of November with one of the top outfitters.

31-Jan-21
I hear timberghost in Iowa takes some big boys each year.

31-Jan-21
Saskatchewan if you don’t mind baited. Alberta if not baited.

31-Jan-21
Go with Rob Nye a sponsor on here.

31-Jan-21
In Canada you'll sit for hours in freezing temps to target 1 buck that probably has a range of miles in dense poplar forest and only scores 140" to 160". Anywhere in the Midwest you'll probably see more bucks.

31-Jan-21
Plenty of places in Texas for 200" bucks nowadays

31-Jan-21
Northern Alberta Outfitters with Ben Cockell or Canadian Trophy Quest with Rob Nye..

31-Jan-21
There’s an outfitter section here on Bowsite where you can research reports that members have filed based on their experiences with various outfitters. It’s a filterable research tool that is a very handy resource. Don’t know where your goals are but I’d stick with places that have a proven track record of client success on big Whitetails. A few areas I’d be looking too if someone offered to pay for my hunt = Kansas, South Texas, East-Central Ohio, to name a few.

31-Jan-21
Go to the place Pat goes to every year in Kansas. Look up all the old features on the features tab and go kill a booner.

31-Jan-21
I've always want to hunt the Edmonton Bow Zone. Cold as hell usually but just something I've always wanted to do. But Pat's place in Kansas looks pretty damn good.

31-Jan-21
ryanrc- Not near that simple. Couple year wait on Pat's spot if you can even get in.

31-Jan-21
Canadian Trophy Quest, Rob Nye, an adventure, you will be happy you did.

31-Jan-21
Be aware that many of the Canadian hunts will have you sitting in a plywood box in front of piles of hay and produce.

31-Jan-21
Yeah but they have heaters so it’s tolerable

31-Jan-21
Maybe build some points in iowa while you research........

31-Jan-21
I am pretty sure I have to make this happen this year. States that need points are out. Which is a bummer Iowa looks like they take some good bucks. I like some Kansas ones but being a draw state I need to look into the draw odds. Missouri, Wisconsin, Maybe Kentucky or Nebraska. I will look into the ones you guys suggested so far. Thanks for all the input so far.

01-Feb-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Thanks for the recommendations guys. Everyone seems to think that baits are the only way to hunt deer in Saskatchewan. Some outfitters in the forest fringe areas are able to hunt vast areas of farmland and pastures bordering the provincial forest so it is possible to hunt travel corridors, feeding areas, scrape and rub lines etc. . Calling and rattling can also be highly effective up here.

01-Feb-21
I have had great success with Jeff and Amy McDonald at Kokosing River Outfitters in Central Ohio. Great mix of properties, immaculate facilities and some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I'll be back with them in Nov.

01-Feb-21
I'd recommend staying in the states. Would hate to plan a trip to Canada and still have the border closed this coming fall

01-Feb-21
Maryland is producing some truly big bucks and 8s a sleeper state for sure. Shawn

01-Feb-21
"I'd recommend staying in the states. Would hate to plan a trip to Canada and still have the border closed this coming fall"

I was thinking the same thing. As much as I hate the thought of it, I think masks and closed borders are with us for longer than we think, so my suggestion is Tom Indebro in Buffalo County Wisconsin.

01-Feb-21
Rob

Someone somewhere sometime should show a hunt like that in Sask. have never seen such an adventure publicized.

01-Feb-21
What Boone said

01-Feb-21
Hey Bou; In a vintage American Archer tv episode from around 2005ish I rattled in several bucks in about a 30 mlnute span. All were in bow range; the last one was a shooter that came in on the run and stopped facing head-on at 15 yards. It was rifle season and law required head to toe colors; the big guy spotted Tom Nelson and his cameraman up in the tree and took the hell off outta there. I was on the ground 20 yards away in thick bush. First day of hunt / first time deer hunting in SK for those boys. When daybreak arrived and I started calling they thought I was playing a joke on them; I was jumping around and breaking sh stuff along with non-stop grunting and antler smashing. They had never seen such madness but the bucks came running. An awesome way to hunt IMO but odds are much lower that the buck will be in pisition for an archery shot; the woods here are THICK ; success is way higher with gun hunters.

02-Feb-21
I know you said whitetail hunt but if someone else is paying why not book an archery mule deer hunt during the rut in Eastern CO? You can always hunt whitetails.

03-Feb-21
Rob Nye in SK or Mike Ukrainetz in Alberta would be top choices for me if looking at Canada (depending on year and border restrictions, etc).

Both seem like stand up guys and both hunt amazing whitetail country. I've hunted a lot of Northern AB for whitetail and its pretty awesome if you can handle long sits.

03-Feb-21
I know you can tell them 5 grand. I will take you to Nebraska and get ya a chance at a 120 or better and we can split the 5 grand!! Shawn

03-Feb-21
If someone else is paying the bill, hands down go big and go home with a giant from Hashknife Outfitters in southwest Kansas. If they had an opening it would be like Pat's hunt at CRO outfitters but next level on steroids:)

I shed hunted years ago and it's UNBELIEVABLE

03-Feb-21
I was reading through this thread and am surprised that Wisconsin isn't highly recommended. Outfitter hunt and over the counter tags I figured it would be one of the top recommended states??

03-Feb-21
Central or eastern Montana. Beautiful country big whitetail, and a mule deer might happen by.

05-Feb-21
Thanks everyone for all the replies, I have talked to a lot of guides. One that impressed me and gets good reviews on here is IMB monster bucks.

05-Feb-21
Colin Paly - Northern Edge Outfitting - Thorhild Alberta

05-Feb-21
Jarod, you're in Colorado already; I see no reason to go further than Kansas. (I have a friend from here in Mass. who makes that trip every year and takes some corkers.) But good luck however you roam.

05-Feb-21
"Colin Paly - Northern Edge Outfitting - Thorhild Alberta " - guided with him back before he was outfitting. Great guy!

05-Feb-21
Cant believe not one person has suggested Nelson Outfitters in Wyoming.

www.nelsonoutfitters.com

Whitetail up to high 160's. 140's are easy and common. Should have a real chance at killing a 150" buck (rifle season). I have hunted muleys with Nelson's 5 times. I see over 150 WT per day!!!! Prob 75-100 muleys a day as well. 25k acres of alfalfa fields , creek bottoms and draws at the base of the Bighorn Mountains. Getting tags is simple in the draw for private land. Give them a call. Best place i have ever deer hunted and i have killed deer in over 27 states.

05-Feb-21
If someone else is paying high 160s ain't cutting it for me

• Sitka Gear