Zim 04-Feb-21
Ken 04-Feb-21
FORESTBOWS 04-Feb-21
APauls 05-Feb-21
orionsbrother 06-Feb-21
MarkU 06-Feb-21
FORESTBOWS 08-Feb-21
03-Feb-21
I'm a very avid whitetail hunter (im from the MA forum) but I am finally checking this off the bucket list this year and going Elk Hunting. I need to get my plan squared away asap now though as its not far away and this is very last minute. I am thinking I want to go on a guided hunt Elk hunt really anywhere that I can book a trip right now for this upcoming season. The two things I am certain of are that I want to bowhunt and that I DONT want a luxury trip. I want to sleep in a wall tent or cabin all week in the middle of nowhere, not at a fancy lodge. I basically just need a guide as I can provide my own food/tent/etc. if need be. I'll list some "thoughts" I have below and then some questions I am looking to get help on.

Thoughts/Considerations: Bow hunt trip, backcountry trip (meaning wall tent, not a lodge), guided, over the counter tags, good elk population, I would be flying not driving, maximum of 10 days (travel included).

Questions: What states/units offer OTC that I can still get? Does anyone have any sort of recommendations for a guide/service that would fit my ideals above? Any other help tips/thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

03-Feb-21
Talk to Mule Power or ForestBows on here

03-Feb-21
Colorado and +1 on ForestBows.

03-Feb-21
Yep contact Forestbows

03-Feb-21
I don’t know how full forest is but I’d call him today. He’s a good guy and a bowhunter before being an outfitter/ guide

03-Feb-21
Anyone happen to have a number for Forestbows? Im not sure how to look up a particular person on here to message them.

03-Feb-21
Just go! Do some research and recon and go! Learn and go again refining every day and year in the woods. DIY is not that expensive. Camping plus an elk tag for expenses. Be mobile and explore.

03-Feb-21
Can’t wait to read your story BWB 22, good luck!

03-Feb-21
Thanks everyone!

04-Feb-21
Forest is great. You’d have a good hunt with him. Got my first archery elk with Forest last year. I’ll go again with him.

04-Feb-21

FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo

04-Feb-21
I am beyond excited about this. Thanks guys for putting me in touch with Forest. I spoke with him last night and we are trying to make something work out now. Already started training this week!

04-Feb-21
Forest will take care of you. Good luck on your elk hunt and you'll be hooked!

04-Feb-21
Yup, another ..... " Hi my name is bigwoodsbucks22, and I'm an elk-O-holic". Welcome aboard.

04-Feb-21
Good luck and welcome to the addiction..

04-Feb-21
Best of luck! You’ll have a blast!

04-Feb-21
Glad to hear you are taking the steps to make it happen. Don't let anything deter you. Even if you can't book the "perfect" hunt with someone, just get out there and give it a go. First steps are always the hardest. Best of luck

04-Feb-21
I hunted with Forest last year and the hunt was exactly like the hunt you said you were looking for. And Forest can really find and call elk.

04-Feb-21
And Ken got around really well for a old Texas guy! Ken's hunt was alot of fun. In close on bugging elk every time we went out.

05-Feb-21
Cool thread. Love it when a plan comes together. Good luck!! Make sure you let us know how it goes!

06-Feb-21
Have a great hunt!!

06-Feb-21
Did my first elk hunt in 1971. As far as addictions go, it's probably better than meth.

Good luck and have fun!!

08-Feb-21
Elk will die!

• Sitka Gear