IdyllwildArcher 03-Feb-21
Ridge81588 03-Feb-21
Jaquomo 03-Feb-21
Olink 03-Feb-21
tkjwonta 03-Feb-21
Missouribreaks 04-Feb-21
Jahvada 04-Feb-21
03-Feb-21
I'm looking at applying for some points in hopes to get a Mule deer tag in a couple years or so. This will probably be a once in a lifetime trip for me. I've been doing a lot of reading and have it narrowed down to wyoming or montana.

Just curious as to your guys thoughts? Of course I'd like a chance at a nice deer but I don't need a trophy. I'm just looking for a great experience with some buddies in the mountains chasing deer.

03-Feb-21
Probably easier/quicker to get an equally good tag in Colorado than either of those states.

All things considered, you can have a good hunt in any of those states with a couple points.

03-Feb-21
I know I probably could in Colorado. I've just never been to wyoming or montana and have always wanted to. I figure what better way than to combine it with a hunt!

03-Feb-21
No OTC deer hunting in CO, but with a point or two you can be into a good deer area, and if you plan it in an OTC elk unit you can do a combo hunt

03-Feb-21
Definitely go for Colorado. If you are willing to wait 6+ years, eastern plains.

03-Feb-21
Of those two states, my pick would be WY. As echoed by others, I think you might have a better/easier time in CO. Feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you some info that I've gathered on my few deer hunts in WY and CO.

04-Feb-21
You will be and feel more welcome in Wyoming.

04-Feb-21
I would pick Wyo, then Mt, then the eastern plains of Colorado. With the latest start date of any western stare or with the pre planned hatched job the "elk only CBA" choose to force on deer hunters in Colorado many are wondering if the early season is even worth it anymore... This year for example we lost the best 5 days of the season to this change.. 5 days = Thanks CBA for not even caring about deer hunters.

I doubt anyone posting has hunted deer since the debacle or they would know that archery is now stacked right on top of muzzy and high country rifle or dont plan on being alone lol.. The best archery deer opportunity we have in Colorado now I would look at a lower elevation unit (think old burns close to the front range) where there are still resident bucks as with as bad and crowded CBA choose to make the high country it might is pry best to look at a eastern plains, the old burns on the front range, or hunting a late rifle season with your bow..

Sad deal for archery deer hunters in Colorado so yea I guess thanks CBA...

• Sitka Gear