badbull 05-Feb-21
elkmtngear 05-Feb-21
Ambush 05-Feb-21
JL 05-Feb-21
BULELK1 06-Feb-21
Lost Arra 06-Feb-21
Steve H. 06-Feb-21
05-Feb-21
Wyoming has opened up their new user account system; adding some security to what was a wide open system.

One thing I have seen is getting stuck in an endless loop after creating the 1st account. When I go back to "apply/buy" and get to the "choose residency" page, it has the original account info. "Cancel" doesn't cancel the session and as such, I was unable to create a 2nd account.

What I did to get past that was open a private window on the web browser (chrome) and go in that way. Once I did that I could create accounts for multiple family members. Also, the system wants your physical address zip code. If you try to use po box zip that may be on file it will know it and offer to go back and edit or create a completely new account. After creating multiple accounts, I could log in to those accounts but once past the login page, I was back to the original user "residency" info. The only way around it has been to use private windows. This is on a Chrome browser.

05-Feb-21
good tips. thanks!

05-Feb-21

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
WapitiBob's embedded Photo
After calling, it appears they have a way to "log out" of your session. Use the "user account" link shown above to log out.

05-Feb-21
Thanks, Bob!

05-Feb-21
This is on a Chrome browser as well as MS Edge and MS Explorer.

Again, be mindful that you can log into a 2nd account from the new user login screen but the 1st account will still be active if you don't use the "log out" button. You will see it at the "residency" page; it'll still show the 1st user name and customer id.

05-Feb-21
If we were purchasing points for family members through an account do we need to set up account for the other family members and a new account for ourselves?

05-Feb-21
They added a new, more secure login to the "apply or buy" and "draw results" sections. You need to link that new login to your current account(s). Just remember after each setup, click the "user account" link on the home page and log out of that session.

05-Feb-21
When WapitiBob has troubles with a website, that's a concern! Thx for the tips!

05-Feb-21
nah, I probably should have watched their video.

05-Feb-21
I did it on my IPhone. No issues. Thanks always for the info Bob.

05-Feb-21
I agree with smarba so I am going to take note of this thread title in case I have a problem in the future. Thank you Bob.

05-Feb-21

05-Feb-21
Thanks Bob, watched the video, it was smooth sailing !

05-Feb-21
Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to bookmark this thread.

05-Feb-21

JL's Link
I just went in and got setup. It was fairly easy. It recognized my existing info.

FWIW......I was looking for a review of the different license types (1, 2, 3, 4,....etc) and came across this. WY has quite a few....10 plus the Generals. This link gives an explanation for each type.

06-Feb-21
I agree, the video made for smooth sailing into it.

Thanks for the heads-up W-bob,

Robb

06-Feb-21
Seemed straight forward to me.

Could other family members just set up their own accounts and avoid the work around? Maybe I just don't get it which is frequently the case with computers.

06-Feb-21
JL: License type numbers (especially Type 2) are not consistent, read the description every time to avoid problems.

• Sitka Gear