Dale06 07-Feb-21
Josh 07-Feb-21
FORESTBOWS 07-Feb-21
Whocares 07-Feb-21
Treeline 07-Feb-21
Pop-r 08-Feb-21
Josh 09-Feb-21
06-Feb-21
2 of us are looking for a 2:1 guided or semi guided hunt hunt for elk OTC. No specific area, very open on areas. Is this feasible to do under $3k/ per hunter in an area of trophy potential? Any suggestions welcome.

06-Feb-21
OTC? It will be a private ranch hunt to have "trophy potential", and you're probably looking at $6K and up per hunter (including tips), plus $700 for the tag. Bear Mountain Ranch in CO will have what you want but pretty sure they're booked for 2021

06-Feb-21
I shouldn’t of used the word trophy. Honestly looking for a good hunt where we can get into some animals and have a chance. Know too many people and heard too many stories of people going on hunts and not seeing or hearing a bull their entire hunt. Looking for help on a reasonable hunt where there are animals.

07-Feb-21
A lot of guys come out west for a five or six day hunt and not hear any bulls bugling. It's the name of the game. And as for having a chance, welcome to the world of elk hunting. The chances depend widely on you, not a guide on public land. Narrow your choice of what state you want and go from there. Contact the state outfitters association, and do your research on the outfitters in the area you're wanting.

07-Feb-21
Problem is everyone wants what you want so the places that have the best success to meet those wants are $$$+ booked. Your tag is almost a grand by itself.

07-Feb-21
Yes, Bear Mtn Outfitters booked full for archery as they get near 80% return and waiting list for archery. Josh, been hunting elk a long time and still consider any archery elk a trophy! You will too once you go!

07-Feb-21
Talk to Forestbows on bowsite. He will hook you up. Top notch outfitter.

07-Feb-21
If Forest is full (I just assumed he was) you should try Stick and String Outfitters. Also a Bowsite sponsor.

07-Feb-21
I shouldn’t of used the word trophy. Honestly looking for a good hunt where we can get into some animals and have a chance. Know too many people and heard too many stories of people going on hunts and not seeing or hearing a bull their entire hunt. Looking for help on a reasonable hunt where there are animals.

07-Feb-21
Forest is top notch and will put you on animals. You will have to put in work though. That country is rough. Good luck

07-Feb-21
In short, I seriously doubt you can get this done for $3 grand apiece. It’s a supply and demand situation and demand is high.

07-Feb-21

07-Feb-21
Wold love to have you guys.

07-Feb-21
Josh. Heard good stuff about Forest's operation and he's had good posts over the years. I know of a couple other guys starting out last year and been on their property. Lots of animals and they are starting out very reasonable for archery hunts. They did well last year for archery and rifle. If interested in contacting them pm me and I can give you info.

07-Feb-21
Will echo Jaq - Talk to Forest first and then check with Stick and String. Both are top notch guys!

08-Feb-21
Forest is around 4k for what you've described if I'm not mistaken. Plus your tag of course.

09-Feb-21
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, great information.

• Sitka Gear