Overland 11-Feb-21
badlander 11-Feb-21
badlander 11-Feb-21
Barty1970 11-Feb-21
altitude sick 12-Feb-21
08-Feb-21

DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
If you had to choose any of these amazing Trophies to hunt, which one would be on the top of your bucket list for 2022?

08-Feb-21
I want to hunt baboons and monkeys on my next trip.

08-Feb-21
Sable will be at the top of the list on my next trip, along with perhaps Nyala or a black Impala at some point.

08-Feb-21
Warthog ,bush pig, nyala, greater kudu oh yes buffalo not necessarily in that order. As it's Africa ya take what she gives you ;)

08-Feb-21
If I ever get to make a second trip, bushbuck is top of the list! It wouldn't be if I didn't screw up twice. And definitely baboons again!

08-Feb-21
Kudu would be number one for me and for some reason I would love to shoot a giant warthog.

08-Feb-21
Bowfreak, that’s normal. Everyone wants a big warthog

Of course another Buffalo. But for animals I haven’t killed. It would have to be an Eland Bull with rounded off, worn down horns. And so muscled up he looks like his skin is going to explode.

08-Feb-21
Black wildebeest is near the top of my list.

Bowfreak.......when I go again, I’ll probably try and shoot 4-5 warthogs. They are a blast, AND cheap! I know Bake loves hunting them! ;-)

08-Feb-21
Who doesn’t love warthogs they are a riot to watch

08-Feb-21
Black Wildebeest and Gemsbok

08-Feb-21

jstephens61's embedded Photo
Baboon is on the right.
Baboon is on the right.
Chief, baboons are tough with a bow. More skittish than turkey. I managed to take 3 while over there.

08-Feb-21
I really like Nyalas. Kudos are great, so are Impalas....? But Nyalas have got to be tops for me.

08-Feb-21
Eland and steenbok would be my two most wanted...

08-Feb-21
Tessebee, heatebeest, civet,genet bushpig

08-Feb-21

bowbender77's embedded Photo
bowbender77's embedded Photo
Chief: baboons are tough with a bow X 2.

08-Feb-21
Baboon, bushbuck, and another buffalo.

08-Feb-21
Both wildebeest's and a Zebra. TMBB

08-Feb-21
X3 on the baboon with a bow. They are switched on, and Will carry on for a long time after being spooked.

08-Feb-21
Eland and warthog.

08-Feb-21
Pygmy goose.

08-Feb-21
(South Africa, Limpopo) = Bushbok, Big Impala during Rut, Kudu.

(Namibia) = Springbok, Gemsbok, Hartebeest.

(Zimbabwe) = shell of its former self - SAVE Valley Dangerous Game.

(Mozambique) = Buffalo.

(Zambia, Luangwa Valley) = Leopard, Lion, Hippo, Hyena, Cookson’s Wildebeest.

(Cameroon) = Lord Derby Eland, Western Roan, Savanah Buffalo

08-Feb-21
Zebra!!!

08-Feb-21
Buffalo,Sable,Kudu

09-Feb-21
Man SpiralHorn, about the only one you haven’t hunted is Uganda

09-Feb-21
If I had my choice on where to go it would be Ethiopia for Monster Leopard and Mountain Nyala. Ethiopia is not at all like what comes to mind when most westerners think of Africa. Lush forested mountains and incredible game. But nose-bleed expensive.

09-Feb-21
To get the thread back on track. Dries has a wonderful reputation in South African, and especially as a premier bowhunting operation. Every time I see his brochure the animals always impress.

BTW - the Impala pictured is an absolute slammer. This is a very underestimated prize as Limpopo has some of the best Southern Impala available anywhere. Hunting them during the rut is a blast/

09-Feb-21
lots of great animals, but one of the smallest is worth considering where available. it's tough to beat a big dik-dik even if they only weight 10 pounds or so.

09-Feb-21
Roan, Bushpig, Hyenna and bushbuck are my top priorities for my August trip

09-Feb-21
Is it just me or “Tough to beat a big dik dik” sounds kinda odd? Lmao

09-Feb-21
Rob......I’d certainly be proud of a 10lb dik-dik, but only if it was mine! Otherwise, I’d rather not look at the trophy photos.

09-Feb-21

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Not the best picture of my “Big Dik Dik” but I will tell you for a fact that it brings a lot of attention from the ladies and it makes me happy!

09-Feb-21
Not the best picture of my “Big Dik Dik” but I will tell you for a fact that it brings a lot of attention from the ladies and it makes me happy!

09-Feb-21
BPM.....you generally get better quality trophy photos of your dik-diks if you take the time to wipe the blood off, first. Also, make sure the tongue isn’t visible, either ;-)

09-Feb-21
Looks like BPM found his dik dik in a very bushy area.

09-Feb-21
Leopard

Leopard

Leopard

Leopard

Leopard

Leopard

Leopard

Leopard

Leopard

09-Feb-21
Rob, If you trim down the bushes, I've heard it makes the dik dik look bigger. Was told by a friend.

09-Feb-21
Hunted Africa once for Buff....decided to jump into what I really wanted to hunt most

10-Feb-21
If I ever went back, impala would be #1 on my list. String jumping bastards caused me fits last time.

After that, sitting a tree stand for bush buck, and a 10# dik-dik would probably complete my list.

10-Feb-21
jstevens61, I've taken a baboon and monkey with my bow. That's why I want to go back & hunt them again! Other than baboons and monkeys, I'd like to shoot a zebra. I didn't target them. There are too many critters to hunt. 10 days go by quickly.

10-Feb-21

Zebra’d out on my trip. Took 2. Next trip would have to be a gemsbok and black wildebeest.

10-Feb-21
Jstephens That’s another smart, weary animal

10-Feb-21
Well I'll sleep well tonight knowing that lol

10-Feb-21
He is pictured sitting behind food with stripes.

10-Feb-21
My dad and mother are headed back yet again, either this fall or next, he is primarily targeting Sable, bush pig, and bush buck as that’s the package he was top bidder on. Those were my only wish list animals.

Between my dad and I before his next safari we have 21 African mounts..

If or when I should go back again, It will only be after I’ve taken all the animals here in Alaska I’ve not done with a bow.

10-Feb-21
Stix, zebra is a pretty darn good meal!

10-Feb-21
Hey MathewsMan, also I'm getting a price on hunting a Leopard on this trip too. Should find out in about a week if it's a go but it won't be in South Africa because it is illegal to kill a Leopard there now.

11-Feb-21
*IF* I ever make it Africa....Cape Buffalo would have to be #1 on my list. There's not even a close second!

11-Feb-21

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
I've read that the 'Bongo' is a particularly elusive critter.

11-Feb-21
1 kudu, 2 cape buff, 3 warthog. I already got a blue wildebeest and an impala but it was with rifle.

11-Feb-21
I don't have a real desire to go but I think elands are freaking cool looking and heard they are fantastic to eat. Would love to have a zebra rug, too.

Good luck to the guys going!

11-Feb-21
Dreamed of Africa for at least half my life. Based on all I have learned about it, the Africa of my dreams doesn’t exist any more. Still would love to go see it and would love to fish and hunt many species. Tiger fish, Nile perch, Buffalo, kudu, eland, and many more if budget and time were not a factor. Don’t see it happening though...

11-Feb-21
Eland is by far the best eating animal I ate over there, out of 10 different ones or so. Next, for me, was Cape Buffalo. Rich, hearty tasting dark meat (Buff). Eland was light and tender, full of wonderful flavor).

11-Feb-21
Kudu and springbok eat good as well

11-Feb-21
Mountain Nyala, Bongo, and Cape Buffalo.

11-Feb-21

badlander's embedded Photo
Cape Buffalo was not in my price range but did have a chance to see several up close and personal:

11-Feb-21

Even got to tag along as another hunter tried to take one, he needed about 2 more steps:

11-Feb-21

Barty1970's embedded Photo
50" Northern Province RSA August 2003
Barty1970's embedded Photo
50" Northern Province RSA August 2003
A bigger bull than the one I took when hunting with Ken Moody

12-Feb-21
The problem with Africa is That you can’t go just once. Ken Moody has Buffalo at $ 9950 all inclusive. People pay that for whitetail.

• Sitka Gear