BigOzzie 08-Feb-21
BigOzzie 08-Feb-21
Novembermadman 08-Feb-21
The last savage 09-Feb-21
BigOzzie 09-Feb-21
Chuckster 09-Feb-21
StickFlicker 09-Feb-21
08-Feb-21
What time of year can you bowfish pleasant lake? What permits are required? If I am there for the end of March will I find the bowfishing good? Do I have to have a boat or can bowfish from shore?

thanks for the help guys oz

08-Feb-21
What other archery activities will I find around Wickenburg Az? open seasons?

oz

08-Feb-21
No idea on the fishing but there really isn't anything open as far as I'm aware at that time of year. Coyotes are year round though. Turkey tags are by draw and that draw was months ago. Same as javelina and early archery deer tag (both in Jan).

09-Feb-21
Oz idk about AZ but here in the east carp spawn mid may, they move into super shallow waters to spawn. Thats when i m on um....its a blast.

09-Feb-21
Thanks guys, I was just reaching for something archery to do if I take the spouse to AZ over spring break.

oz

09-Feb-21
Maybe post this on the AZ board. I remember a thread about bowfishing at Lake Pleasant a few years ago. I think guys were having better success on a boat. I don't think you need any special permit, only a fishing license. Being a NR, I would check if you can bowfish on a 3 day NR fishing license.

09-Feb-21
I believe you can bowfish for rough fish like carp year-round in AZ. I suspect a NR license would be all that is required. The river end of the lake is closed for a number of months each year during the eagle breeding season. Post your question on the AZ forum. While not a lot of people post there anymore, a lot do read it and will respond if they are familiar with the topic. Also, call the game and fish department and ask for the wildlife manager for Unit 20B to call you back. I wouldn't never take the word of someone that answers the main information line on anything legal related. You'll get a different answer every time you call.

• Sitka Gear