SIP 12-Feb-21
goyt 13-Feb-21
APauls 13-Feb-21
Dale06 13-Feb-21
APauls 13-Feb-21
Mark S 14-Feb-21
Dale06 14-Feb-21
12-Feb-21
I have been shooting Magnus black Hornet going to switch to Iron Will because the ferrules been bending on every deer I have shot with the BH. Just Wondering about Penetration difference between the wide iron will and the black hornet??

12-Feb-21
I’ve shot the 125V iron Will for several years. It’s not the wide version. Great penetration on elk and other large animals. Hard to say on your comparison. I’m guessing though that the Iron Will should have excellent penetration, because of its sharpness and retention of sharpness

12-Feb-21
Can't speak to the Magnus, but, the IW will not bend and as Dale stated above - they are very sharp - you won't be disappointed

12-Feb-21
That’s one of two reasons why I’m changing, I’m just trying to make the best possible penetration possible but really like the wide IW

12-Feb-21
The wide is a great head. You will have fantastic penetration

13-Feb-21
I think that if a head is bending there will be a loss of penetration because of the bending. Therefore a head that does not bend should have a leg up.

13-Feb-21
Choose a solid version if you want to penetrate to the max

13-Feb-21
APauls, why does the solid penetrate better?

13-Feb-21
Don’t have any crap hang up in the vents. It’s marginal, but the OP seems to care about marginal. Besides that I just love the non-vented. Deadly silent as well.

14-Feb-21
Dale - a buddy has the vented. They are really nice but you can really hear his arrow hiss but he also has 4 fletch so may have nothing to do with head. I use solids and fly as well as his. Would think they would be a little stronger? You seem to be particular about your set up and choose vented. Do you believe them to be better performing? Thanks

14-Feb-21
Mark, when I bought the vented, I don’t think the solid was available yet. I’ve used the vented for three years with great results. I’m just curious about the pro/con of solid vs vented. On the hissing noise, may be true. My hearing is bad. But in my 43 years of bow hunting, I’ve shot many different BHs and I’m not aware that BH noise has ever been a negative factor. Any way, it’s a great BH.

• Sitka Gear