BIGHORN 21-Feb-21
16-Feb-21

DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
What a Sable, What a trophy! Congratulations with your amazing pedestal mount Walter. It was so worth the wait. ???? And now you get to look at it everyday and remember the great time you had in South-Africa. We are super excited having you back for the 2021 hunting season.

16-Feb-21
Very nice! Congratulations that will bring back everlasting memories.

16-Feb-21
Great looking mount and animal. It's my understanding that sable normally turn very black as they get older and reach maturity, and that the brown bulls are normally you. However, this one clearly looks fully mature based on his horn size. So, why is it brown? I don't think the bulls of the Matatsi subspecies are normally any browner than are other subspecies? Am I missing something? I could see a mature bull being a little brown, but this one looks completely brown. Based on his horn size, his coloring seems unlikely that it would have ever darkened much from this color no matter how long he lived?

21-Feb-21
DVS, I really like your Sable! I am heading to SA this fall to hunt one and I can only hope that it will look as nice as yours.

• Sitka Gear