Whitley09 16-Feb-21
CCOVEY 16-Feb-21
bentstick54 16-Feb-21
Whitley09 16-Feb-21
SIP 16-Feb-21
bentstick54 17-Feb-21
Thornton 17-Feb-21
16-Feb-21
Looking to head out to Kansas next fall and will be staying with a relative near Landsing.

Looking at OnX I don’t see a lot of public land. Am I missing something or is that pretty much how Kansas is.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

16-Feb-21
turn on the walk in hunting feature. Plenty of public throughout the state to hunt. Dont forget to put in for the draw in April. Good luck

16-Feb-21
Kansas has a small % of state owned public hunting ground, most of which is located around the reservoirs. There is a lot of private ground enrolled in the WIHA program available. Locations are available on the KDWPT website. Looks to me like most of what was enrolled in 2020 in the Lansing area was west towards Perry lake. I have no idea, but I would guess you could expect a lot of competition due to the proximity of large population in the NE part of the state. New WIHA maps are not put out until late summer, but you can use 2020’s as a start then verify properties are re-enrolled next summer. Do your relatives have any connections with private landowners that might let you hunt? Good luck, hope everything works in your favor and you can put together a good hunt.

16-Feb-21
Thanks for the responses!

Bentstick, yeah my sister in law is looking into a few friends for me, so fingers crossed that works out.

16-Feb-21
Check with Thornton. If u wanna hunt deer that dont smell danger, that is....;^)

17-Feb-21
Ryan, PM sent on Kansas site.

17-Feb-21
SIP- I was going to suggest Scoobydoo. He is our nonresident pro. I'm just good at sneaking up on deer and taking pictures :)

• Sitka Gear