HoytHntr4 23-Feb-21
grape 23-Feb-21
WVFarrier 23-Feb-21
Pope125 23-Feb-21
Tater 23-Feb-21
EDUDA 25-Feb-21
Mike Ukrainetz 25-Feb-21
22-Feb-21
Any outfitters to recommend for a black bear hunt. This would be for 2022.

I’m familiar with the outfitter section of the website. Didn’t seem very helpful.

22-Feb-21
Sleeve Lake is excellent!

22-Feb-21
Adrenaline Outfitters. They are a sponsor here. Had a great hunt with them as well as excellent fishing.

22-Feb-21
Spot and stalk or baited?

22-Feb-21
Over bait would be ok. Spot and stalk would be AWSOME. My dads going and he’s almost 70 and has issues with arthritis so spot and stalk would be difficult depending on terrain.

Thanks for all the advice

22-Feb-21
Sent you a PM

22-Feb-21
Mike Ukrainetz is one of the premier bear outfitters here in Alberta. His operation is excellent and he runs an amazing program to harvest and also grow massive bears. Each spring he does a bear post, search back through the bear thread forums. I do believe he is also a Bowsite sponsor. Check him out for sure!

22-Feb-21
I would recommend Jason Lambley, Lambley's Hunts from the Heart, he operates hunts in Alberta and Manitoba. He will work extremely hard to ensure you are successful! I would also highly recommend Dave Cole at TSI, Trophy Safaris International. He operates in New Brunswick. He will also give you 100% and consistently kills giant bears. I am booked with him again, just waiting for the borders to open.

22-Feb-21
Big bears.... Lone Wolf outfitters through Tom Sovereign Outdoor Adventures

22-Feb-21
I'll second the recommendation for Dave Cole at TSI. Like Kevin said, he gives you 100% to put you on big bears and his clients routinely take record book quality bears or near-record book quality. I'm also booked with him again this year, providing the border opens.

22-Feb-21
I will 3rd the recommendation for TSI and Mike Ukranitez for a chance at a big blackie. If you want a wilderness camp and a chance for color phase, Little Lost Outfitters in Idaho. Rough country and a wilderness hunt.

Good luck and have fun!

22-Feb-21
I second Mike's Outfitting. Three of us had a great spring bear trip in 2017. We are looking forward to going back in 2023! He has lots of meticulously maintained bait sites with lots of bears. Hard working guides, great food, accommodations, equipment, trophy care, etc. Best bear hunt we have had by far.

22-Feb-21
Thanks again for the info. Also trying to make this a family trip. Wife and 4 kids. Fish during the day with family. Hunt the evening. I’d rather spend the $$ on something like this as a family trip than give money to Mickey Mouse down in Florida

22-Feb-21
Stickflingers in northwest Manitoba has both big bears and about 20% color phase. The owner is a diehard Bowhunter and uses traditional bows. Expect close shots (10-15 yds). Been there twice and have yet to be still hunting after 2 days.

22-Feb-21
Eagle Eye Outfitting is ran by Mikes head guide,Kyle Mudge.He has his own bear concession in Alberta,and runs a top knotch operation,patterned after Mikes.I have been twice,and booked for a 3rd hunt.Beautiful big bears,top guides and great food,doesn't get any better than this.Pat,from bowsite hunted with Kyle 2 years ago,and did a story on it.

22-Feb-21
Rancher, I missed that story Pat did...where might I find it?

22-Feb-21
TSI New Brunswick will fit your needs. No frills good kills fair bills

22-Feb-21
I think Mike Outfitting (Alberta) and Dave Cole/TSI (New Brunswick) are 2 obvious choices.

What Bou'bound said was true and true to the point.

Having said thst, if you're looking for world class bears TSI is your outfitter.

FWIW, TSI's hunters have taken at least 4 of New Brunswick's top 10 bears. Additionally, NB's #1 bear (21 9/16) currently holds a place of honor in our trophy room.

22-Feb-21
FWIW.....because you mentioned family and fishing, I went with Riverside Lodge in Dauphin, MB a few years back. Aside from they have many stands for bow hunters, their nice lodge is on a river that is loaded with big walleye. We were killing the walleye fishing from the dock or you can take out one of their boats and go up/down river trolling for the walleye. Caught a lot of those freshwater sheepheads or drum I think they called them up there. They have a nice dining area with an open fridge. That means you can come in and get something to nibble on whenever you want. They had a great chef when I was there. On the spring hunts, often you didn't get back in till real late at night and there was always hot food waiting. I did a review on them in the outfitter section. They were extremely well organized. I did get a monster book bear with the bow on film. It's on their website.

22-Feb-21
For a family, I suggest you look into High Wind Lake Camp in Ontario. It's a small family run camp right on a real nice lake, with rustic cabins. The cabin I stayed at was maybe 30 yards from the lake. It has been several years- at that time he had boats to rent. The fishing was very good. Saw bears each day and was able to take a nice one with a recurve.

23-Feb-21
Rob Nye

23-Feb-21
You can not beat Disjardin’s near the Riding Mountains in Manitoba. Amazing !

23-Feb-21
Pine Acres Bear Camps in Ontario. He goes by spikebuck on here

23-Feb-21
Trails end outfitters in Saskatchewan .

23-Feb-21
Stickflingers in Manitoba is a good place and Ryan is a great person to deal with.

23-Feb-21
IMO, one of the better spot & stalk bear hunts is with Trophy West Guide Outfitters . The hunt is on Vancouver Island , awesome food , great lodge , and they kill some great bears . But not cheap , but you get what you pay for .

23-Feb-21
DOA outfitters in Manitoba. Darrell and Dillion will set you up.

25-Feb-21
How about Maine for a black bear ? Any recommendations?

25-Feb-21
EDUDA, I’m curious why the outfitter section wasn’t helpful?

Thanks for the recommendations guys! We don’t have fishing though. Just big ole bears.

• Sitka Gear