Jackaroo 22-Feb-21
Julius Koenig 22-Feb-21
LKH 23-Feb-21
Wildan2 23-Feb-21
WV Mountaineer 23-Feb-21
Julius Koenig 24-Feb-21
DanaC 24-Feb-21
22-Feb-21
Flail vs bushhog? Buy some acreage and am probably taking over the fields, mowing them and planting them for wildlife. What’s the better tool? Do I need both?

22-Feb-21
Flail is better for brushy debris it keeps it under the mower head longer and cuts it finer making it easier for grass Etc to grow. They are slower than the brush hog and safer. The brush hog is better for taller grass and you can run it faster. It spits debris out the side and back so if you what a rock it can send it rolling for 100 yds. So it depends what you want to use it for.

22-Feb-21
Thanks jackaroo. I just might need both :)

23-Feb-21
If you don't kill the brush first there is a good chance much of it will return.

23-Feb-21
Flails cost more to purchase and upkeep.Not made for heavy brush mowing.I have a 14 year old Bush-Hog branded bush-hog/slasher that is used a lot every year,still ticking.Leave the kids and dog home when using! Bush hog,plow ,disc ,plant then cultipack.

23-Feb-21
My buddy’s flail mower cuts saplings the size of softballs. Easily. Thats more heavy duty then any brush hog I’ve ever seen.

24-Feb-21
Thanks for the feed back guys.

24-Feb-21
Flail mowers leave stubble that is a b* to walk through. Think 'punji sticks'. As a 'first pass', ok.

• Sitka Gear