APauls 01-Mar-21
Two Feathers 01-Mar-21
GF 01-Mar-21
Brucev 02-Mar-21
28-Feb-21

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo

Huntcell 's Link
Oh! Come on MAN! This cant be true! Sadly it is, poor deer have so many things that cause them difficulties and now add one more hair coming out of their eyeballs.

from the linked article:::::The hair protruded from discs of flesh covering both the buck's cornea — the transparent part of the eye that covers the iris and pupil. The bizarre condition, called corneal dermoids, has been documented in just one other whitetail in the state of Tennessee, according to Quality Whitetails magazine, the journal of the National Deer Association.

A dermoid, by definition, is a type of benign tumor made of tissues that usually appear in other parts of the body; in this case, skin tissue complete with hair follicles cropped up in the deer's cornea.

The hairy-eyed deer "maybe could tell day from dark, but I wouldn’t think it would be able to see where it was going," Sterling Daniels, a wildlife biologist at the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA), told Quality Whitetails.

Poor Bucky!

28-Feb-21
I’ve gotten the hairy eyeball a time or two, but have never actually seen one! That sure looks like it would hurt!

28-Feb-21
Unbelievable ! I can’t even grow hair on my head........ I hope someone put the poor sucker down.

01-Mar-21
Now you talk about a great trophy to have hanging on the wall, wiggle like wow!

01-Mar-21
so the phase giving someone the hairy eyeball is a real thing huh?

01-Mar-21
If I killed a deer with that condition, I think it would freak me out a little.

Matt

01-Mar-21
Perhaps it's the equivalent to us growing hair on our palms?

01-Mar-21
My Brother in law, has long hairs growing from the top of his nose. Looks like his nose is a Chia Pet!

Nature offers wondrous variety ;^)

01-Mar-21
dang. That's weird.

01-Mar-21
Very weird.

01-Mar-21
Doesn’t exactly sound like it’s a widespread problem…

02-Mar-21
Showed this to the wife who is a vet and she has seen this in a few dogs.

• Sitka Gear