Quentin VanPelt 01-Mar-21
Pyrannah 01-Mar-21
Quentin VanPelt 02-Mar-21
Pyrannah 02-Mar-21
Lawdy 02-Mar-21
backwoods54 07-Mar-21
28-Feb-21

Pyrannah's Link
i have been looking for some different clothing options but still with Merino.. I came across these.. wonder if anyone has experience with these brands?

28-Feb-21

Pyrannah's Link

28-Feb-21

Bowbender's Link
Ben,

I've been eyeing these up for a while. Seem to get good reviews.

28-Feb-21
I have been to a couple of those clothing optional places, trust me you don't want to go.

Terry

28-Feb-21
Yeah bow bender, even at the price it may be worth a shot

01-Mar-21
Those wool pants look nice. However they must be dry cleaned? Id be worried they would shrink if you had to dry them out around a fire? and a dryer is probably an absolute no?

If your out west vents are nice. If you walk you will sweat, early morning dew can soak your socks in your boots. I have Kuiu pants with vents, carry gaiters (if there was moisture the night before) and a merino top with 1/4 zipper, carry another heavy wool layer and then a rain jacket.

I like the idea of a pant with above the knee down water proof and side vents.

01-Mar-21
I read in the article you can clean on your own but they recommend buying a large size because they will shrink if you put in washing machine

I would think zippers could be easily installed on the sides?

Not sure.... I’d really like to know how thick they are

01-Mar-21
I have a pair of the big bill wool pants. Pretty good for the price point. Would buy again. I wore them thin in the crotch after 4 years and many many miles of predator hunting and snow shoeing. Wore below zero with a pair of Filson long underwear underneath. Wore them many days in a tree stand and was always fine.

01-Mar-21
Thanks Quentin, what would be the highest temp you would say you can get away with?

02-Mar-21
I wore them one time in Idaho in the spring looking for elk sheds, the Temps were in the 40s and they were too warm for me. That being said I run hot and was doing alot of hiking. Sitting in a tree stand in the 40s I thought they were great.

02-Mar-21
Ahh ok that is what I needed to know!

Thanks you sir!

02-Mar-21
The make Big Bill wool wear not far from us, over the border. I have their wool pants and my wife wears their wool bibs and coat when hunting. Very good for the price. I have to go over to Ellsworth, Maine to pick up a sawmill, so I will hit Beans in Freeport to see what they have for woolies in their outlet store. WoolX is another good option. I am a huge fan of Stanfield wool union suits. Not merino, lambs wool, but the absolute warmest you will ever wear. It was -2 with 50mph wind gusts up here today. I was hare hunting and warm. I wore 100% wool lined mukluks for my feet. They said that the wind chills were -35, I never felt it.

07-Mar-21
I have two pair of Big Bill wool pants, used to be called Codet. Wool can be washed by soaking in a tub and gentily scrubbing, twist out the water and lay out the pants on a flat surface. Putting a cotton sheet under itto assit drying is ok. If you use heat and a washing machine, your pants will shrink. I've seen the Ghost Ware add and saying the pants are made of Merino is stretching the truth a bit. The green pants are 80percent recycled wool and 20 percent nylon..My pair of forest green pants are going on 12 years of use. The grey plaid is 100 percent wool.They wear like iron.

• Sitka Gear