808bowhunter 06-Mar-21
Jaquomo 06-Mar-21
Knothead 06-Mar-21
Bowboy 06-Mar-21
Knothead 06-Mar-21
Knothead 06-Mar-21
DonVathome 11-Mar-21
04-Mar-21
What are the requirements? We are 100 legit no money etc. Do we need any forms? What if I tag out can I pack my meat out alone while the resident keeps hunting? I would think so since I am done hunting at that point.

04-Mar-21
The resident needs a free guide license and can take no more than 2 hunters. I could be wrong but I think that's it.

04-Mar-21
That’s it and must accompany you at all times. If I were you I’d play it safe and have him with you when you hit the road. Can’t hurt and could save some grief.

04-Mar-21

Bowboy's Link
Like stated it's free for a resident they just need to go to the G&F and due the paperwork. Also no more than two nonresidents per calendar year. Here's the info from the G&F.

04-Mar-21
That link pertains to licensing only. A search on F&G website shows absolutely nothing about the definition of accompaniment relating to the wilderness law. I’ve seen it before but can’t find it.

04-Mar-21
I hunt with a buddy from Cheyenne every few years. He fills out the paper work at local game office. He can take 2 a year. Not a big deal. I wouldn’t worry about hauling meat alone without a weapon.

04-Mar-21
I am curious about the definition of accompanying. Thanks!

04-Mar-21
Call the WY G&F office in Cheyenne and speak with the Game Warden Dept for clarification. I suspect you would have to be within a certain distance of a resident guide. I'd get the persons name who you talk to and write it down if questioned while in the field. If I was the resident guiding you I would ask this question before committing to guide you.

06-Mar-21
GREAT idea!

06-Mar-21
Hauling meat is not hunting! We can do anything in the wilderness besides hunt

06-Mar-21
I would also ask the game warden in the unit about his views and policy enforcement. They each have discretion in interpretation and enforcement.

06-Mar-21
I am looking for a new friend who hunts and lives in Wyoming. Anyone?

06-Mar-21
Knothead remember all us WY Residents don't like Nonresidents look at the latest SF bill 103. Just Kidding!:)

06-Mar-21
But I'm a nice guy and even help with the chores.

06-Mar-21
But I'm a nice guy and even help with the chores.

11-Mar-21
Knothead mention you are looking for a partner who is in great shape, is a poor hunter and has a hot sister:)

Seriously I got lucky to go on this hunt. Really lucky. One of my dreams hunts.

• Sitka Gear