Spiral Horn's embedded Photo
Another Laying Full Mount Option
Another Laying Full Mount Option
Maybe Something Like this Wall Pedestal
Maybe Something Like this Wall Pedestal
Have an interesting dilemma. My taxidermist just got my Snow Sheep hide and horns back from the tannery. But they made a mistake and tanned the entire cape instead of tanning it for a pedestal. Now we have a full cape with very good hair and I have to choose either a wall pedestal or a full mount. Trouble is I don’t have endless space and still hope to put a few more on the wall.

So, I’m trying to decide on either a compact/laying down full mount or a wall pedestal. Here were a couple I was considering along with a pic of the live ram.

Let me know what you think or if you know of something else that might present better.

Thanks

04-Mar-21
If you’re going to be made to pay for the tanning mistake, you’re in a fair amount of investment already. I’m not really big on full mounts that are lying or not displaying the entire animal- so if it were me I would do the pedestal or some other pose. That’s a heck of a snow sheep!

Good dilemma to have

04-Mar-21
The second picture of the full mount laying down would be great for your ram. Replace the rocks with a little short grass, and it would look much like your live photo. You will probably never have the opportunity to take such a wonderful ram again. Do the full mount and you won't look back and wish you had... Bill

04-Mar-21
I like the pedestal. Also easy to move.

04-Mar-21
Nice sheep! I’d go pedestal.

04-Mar-21

smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
Wall pedestal. Typically has an angle along the rear of the body and displays more hide, looks more interesting to me than just straight pedestal. It could go on wall or on the floor.

04-Mar-21
I like the 2nd mount.

04-Mar-21
Laying down for sure. I’ll see if I can find another option for you and post a pic

04-Mar-21

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Another lying down option that’s fairly compact.

04-Mar-21
I think laying down is REALLY hard to make look natural, although the right artist can make them look awesome and I do like that pose.

However, since snow sheep don't appear to have the variety of coloration on their bodies like stone sheep do, I'm not sure a full-body provides a much more desirable display than a wall pedestal would given the extra amount of $ and space needed...

04-Mar-21
If you have the room go with full body. If there’s any animal out there that deserves to be full body mounted it’s a sheep.

04-Mar-21
A friend has multiple Full body mounts and insist the most critical part is displaying their low hanging trophies! So if u go that route make sure they are laid on a rock tastefully! Beautiful ram, congratulations

04-Mar-21
I would go pedestal Great options

04-Mar-21
If you thought the hide was going to come back for a pedestal mount that must have been your original choice? Stick with your 1st choice...Beautiful sheep!

04-Mar-21
I like the laying full body looks good.

04-Mar-21
That 2nd ram laying down is the 2009 Colorado raffle ram and one of the best mounts I have ever seen in person. The pose is great and the detail everywhere is unbelievable. That is a Dewayne Dewey form and mount if I'm not mistaken. That work will set you back some serious $$$ I'd do it!

Sandbrew

05-Mar-21

Of course it will be a Snow Sheep but the same pose
Of course it will be a Snow Sheep but the same pose
Thanks guys - some great suggestions. After some measuring of the site I have in mind and some good discussion my taxidermist and I have settled on something like this.

06-Mar-21
Pedistall and use the rest as a throw to put sheds or skulls on

06-Mar-21
I like the second one

06-Mar-21
bottom one

• Sitka Gear