GF 09-Mar-21
Jaquomo 09-Mar-21
RK 10-Mar-21
Ron Niziolek 10-Mar-21
Mad Trapper 10-Mar-21
04-Mar-21
Nice story, you're a lucky man Lou!

04-Mar-21
Ha, thanks! I havent seen the finished product and didn't know I was dragged into "her" excellent story.

04-Mar-21
Damn, haven’t read mine yet. Going to have to look at it tonight!

04-Mar-21
Sounds like ol Lou got the best deal out of that hunt... You sly dog, you. Nice article.

04-Mar-21
Definitely a nice article. Cheers!

04-Mar-21
Crap! I don’t think I’ve gotten my issue.

Congrats in advance Lou.

05-Mar-21
Sweet Read!

Good luck, Robb

05-Mar-21
well done again lou

05-Mar-21
She did a great job as did you! Congrats all the way around.

05-Mar-21
Havent looked at mine yet. Just came. Good for you guys Lou!

05-Mar-21
Haven't gotten that far yet either, but getting an article in Bugle is impressive. Well done Lou.

05-Mar-21
Thanks, guys. I passed on the kudos to her. It was her first attempt at an article, and about her first elk. I edited it a tiny bit but wanted it to be "her" story.

05-Mar-21
Congrats! I'll need to see if I can find a copy somewhere!

05-Mar-21
I read the article ----- Credit where credit is due! Wow, what a great read, Paige has a real talent for writing -- add to that she can kill shit - tow thumbs up.

Now I'm off to process some elk tenderloins.

05-Mar-21
She does kill stuff, and she's a fabulous wild game cook too. Our honeymoon was a late season muley hunt - for her. All I did was glass and help drag it to the truck.

Funny thing was that the Bugle editors disagreed on whether the theme should be about a single woman former vegetarian becoming a hunter, or about our love story. So she basically had to rework it several times and we don't know which version they ended up using.

05-Mar-21
Lou, as I no longer subscribe to Bugle, is there any way that I can get that story off the internet because I would love to read it ? If not, good hunting to you folks......Bob

05-Mar-21
Great story. I really like the short, concise paragraphs. Every one is a new thought/image. She needs to write more.

06-Mar-21
+1 ~~MarkU

I actually read it again last night,

Robb

06-Mar-21
The love story came through - no mention of her being a vegan.

06-Mar-21
Lou is always on the fringes taking credit. He's an ego maniac...

06-Mar-21

Geno's embedded Photo
Geno's embedded Photo
Well I guess I won't get to read your article either as this is all I got, just the outside cover. ??

08-Mar-21
I really enjoyed the article. When I first read the article I did not know that you were "the Lou". Congratulations to you both on a very well written article, but more importantly, on finding each other.

08-Mar-21
Since the article did not have his pic,I did not know it was about "The Lou" either. I am used to seeing his mug on Bowsite, Facebook, and Post Office posters. Congrats to your bride Lou!

08-Mar-21
Thanks, guys. I got really lucky in a bunch of ways. Finally got to read the finished product, and while they removed/altered some things I thought were very relevant, it's good. She's very happy with the treatment. And the check... :-)

09-Mar-21
Great story! It’s rare to find your perfect match. You are very fortunate!!

Badbull, PM me with your address and I’ll sent you my magazine so you can read it.

09-Mar-21
I haven’t gotten my copy. Some USPS problems here. Can someone take some pics of the article and post them?

09-Mar-21
Congrats Lou. Now I have to find the article.

09-Mar-21
Nice!!

09-Mar-21
Wow. Hard to read that article and not get tears in your eyes. It evokes some good memories.

And now we know Lou even better!

09-Mar-21
Duplicate

09-Mar-21
Lou, I don't get Bugle Mag. (I should) But I will say congrats to you & the little woman for sharing a no doubt awesome article! I know you feel you're a lucky guy but she too is a lucky woman! -- Hopefully I'll get a copy & check it out! Luck to the both of you on future elk hunts!

ElkNut/Paul

09-Mar-21
Lou - please pass along my congratulations to Paige for getting her first article published. It was a good read and I'm very happy for both of you. May you have many more years together enjoying the outdoors.

09-Mar-21
I wonder if I sign up for RMEF today, I would get a copy of the right issue?

Are used to get it regularly, and I can’t recall if it was part of a membership, or if I was just able to pick it up on the news stand. Not something you see very often out here, I’m afraid…

09-Mar-21
Thanks guys. It only comes with a membership, unfortunately for those who aren't members (and every elk hunter or anyone who cares about elk should belong). It has some of the best hunting writing in the business, and RMEF speaks for hunters and habitat. I've been honored to be published in Bugle in the past. Now Paige has a truly excellent piece. Full circle. I'm really proud of what she created, with only a tiny bit of coaching from me.

10-Mar-21
Awesome Lou. Congrats to Paige as well

To bad so many hunters will miss out due to .......whatever reasons the Bugle sees fit to use

I read it and it should be shared with so many whether they are members or not.

10-Mar-21
It was a very good read. Congrats to Paige on her first elk!

10-Mar-21
I saw this article and I wondered if the Lou in the article was the famous Jaquomo. I thought naw, she is speaking too nice about him! Congrats Lou. She is a keeper and she writes well!

• Sitka Gear