Contributors to this thread:
c5ken 06-Mar-21
craigmcalvey 06-Mar-21
RIT 06-Mar-21
c5ken 06-Mar-21
craigmcalvey 06-Mar-21
HuntingFamily 08-Mar-21
06-Mar-21
I frost seeded Lidno Clover last year in S/E Michigan & had little to no success. Anyone have good results frost seeding in S/E Michigan??

06-Mar-21
Good success in central Michigan with ladino and red. Trying it with switchgrass this year

06-Mar-21
Clover is better sewn in the fall. No weed competition and a chance to put down roots. Next years Spring growth in fall planted clover is always fantastic especially with the use of wheat or rye for a cover crop.

06-Mar-21
If I broadcast Ladino in the fall, can I do it over an existing clover patch?I

06-Mar-21
Yes you can. I didn’t have as much luck planting clover on my ground in the fall as my soil is sandy and is very dry in the fall. Spring I have moisture so I assume that’s why I have success with it.

08-Mar-21
I created my Ladino clover plot using Pat's 5 steps to Creating the Perfect Clover Plot Method found on this forum. It worked amazingly. Regarding frost seeding, I've never started from scratch frost seeding but I frost seed my clover plots every year at this time to thicken it up and help with bare spots and it works well, in fact I just did it this past weekend. I'm in the Battle Creek area and I am on sandy soil as well.

• Sitka Gear