rattling_junkie 06-Mar-21
Bou'bound 07-Mar-21
rattling_junkie 08-Mar-21
GF 09-Mar-21
Shiras42 10-Mar-21
06-Mar-21
Is this bear a shooter in your opinion?

06-Mar-21
I ask because it was hard to pass this one up, and I had a buddy tell me I should've shot.

06-Mar-21
If a really nice bear was your goal, you should have shot. FWIW, that bear weighs more then the height would suggest. My guess on how much is we’d under quess the actual amount.

06-Mar-21
The only reason to pass up that bear is if you're sitting a grizzly bait and don't have a black bear tag.

06-Mar-21
Shot

06-Mar-21
I always tie a thin rope around the tree at barrel height as barrels always get knocked over.

06-Mar-21
It really depends on what you are looking for personally as a shooter? 19+ skull, 20+, 21+’? 300+ lb, 400+? Or you just want us to watch your video?

06-Mar-21
map1 that's a good idea, I've done something similar in the past, but haven't done that in a few years now.

Mike sure watch the video. I know some guys can learn what to look for in a bear by watching, so I'll keep making them. As for what I want to shoot? I don't put a number on it, but I generally don't go for average bears.

06-Mar-21
“ As for what I want to shoot? I don't put a number on it, but I generally don't go for average bears.”

But....

“ it was hard to pass this one up, and I had a buddy tell me I should've shot.”

And what is the title of the video??

I dunno, are “average” bears usually “gigantic”?

06-Mar-21
You're right it's an average bear.

07-Mar-21
Average for a grizzly maybe

08-Mar-21
Ha, you got that right Bou! It's an awesome bear for most anyone. If you are looking for what I call a "jumbo" then pass but you might not get another shot at a "shooter" bear.

When I say I don't put a number on a bear is this...big skulls don't always equal an impressive bear and large square hides don't always equal impressive bears.

09-Mar-21
So you like ‘em fat & stupid??

Works for me on deer!

10-Mar-21
Keep 'em coming David.

• Sitka Gear