RD 15-Mar-21
Yellowcat53 15-Mar-21
Pat Lefemine 15-Mar-21
Matt 15-Mar-21
loesshillsarcher 15-Mar-21
Medicinemann 15-Mar-21
Medicinemann 15-Mar-21
08-Mar-21
A few years back, I had a Double bull (now Primos) blind that was badly damaged by an early (and unexpected) snowstorm while I was hunting out-of-state. to have the blind repaired, I had to go online and print out a form that detailed the problem. I believe that I also had to call and get a service number from the repair facility. The same ground blind was pretty tore up by a black bear this past Fall.....more than I can probably fix myself. I logged onto the Primos repair website, and they don't even list ground blind repairs as an option anymore. I still completed the form (as best as possible). Before I incur the shipping costs, I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has used the Primos repair facility recently for a ground blind repair.....and if so, were there any complications?

08-Mar-21
Double post

08-Mar-21
Jake

I spoke with their reps at the 2020 ATA about repairing a Matrix that I've had for 10+years. They told me call to set up the repair order then ship it. They ssid they would replace it if it couldn't be repaired.

Though I haven't sent it back I feel confident they'd be true to their word.

08-Mar-21
Good to hear....,,finally found a contact number to call tomorrow.

08-Mar-21
I called them a couple years ago about a Dark Horse blind that a couple rods had gotten broke in a big storm. They told me they would sew the blind at no cost if it needed to be sewn, but the rods and labor were on me so I just ordered the rods and replaced them myself.

08-Mar-21
Jdee, I had the ground blind set-up downwind of a cornfield foodplot. I had a few blind sets for the raccoons that were hammering the corn.....until I caught about a 60 pound black bear cub. Based on a nearby trail camera, that #2 coilspring held that cub for 15 hours.....and yet when I released it, the foot had absolutely no visible damage....and the cub ran away on all four feet. My guess is that momma wasn't too happy about junior being in a trap (as you can imagine), so yeah, the blind is gonna need some serious sewing.....LOL. You can imagine the pucker factor of trying to release a pretty scrappy bear cub from a trap, trying not to get clawed or bitten, while having my head on a swivel looking for momma to come bustin' out of the corn at any second.

08-Mar-21
Great story! You must've had that #2 cable staked good.

08-Mar-21
Jake....you should have called Ned in to back you up. Rumor has it, he knows his way around a cornfield...

08-Mar-21
Jake you should check out the new blinds that you can see through the front material but stuff cannot see inside-

08-Mar-21
I ordered 'Rods' from them not that long ago Jake, cost me shipping only...

09-Mar-21
Jake, I sent my dark horse in probably 6 months ago and they sewed up where the rods were pushing through into the ground and replaced a couple of the hubs. I believe I just had to pay for the shipping of the blind but would need to go back and double check. Great customer service but I have had multiple issues with the poles and hubs breaking over the years.

09-Mar-21
For rips/holes in the fabric of these kinds of blinds I’ve had pretty good luck patching them myself. I patch on the inside, with heavy black canvas. I cut a patch much larger than the hole/rip and use spray on adhesive to glue on the patch. But first I take out the rods, and get the tent fabric on a flat surface.

09-Mar-21
I tried to contact them several months ago about a blind repair and even asked if they would just send me the cheap part and I'd pay to have it replaced locally, and I received no response at all.

09-Mar-21
I've never heard of anyone sending a blind in! Replacing rods is pretty simple and tears can be patched with gorilla tape.2-3 year lifespan imo

14-Mar-21
I just sent one in couple weeks ago and hope the can fix it

15-Mar-21
I just ordered and received 4 roof rods for my Dark Horse, just paid shipping $20. Over the years I have replaced a few of the rods in both the T-2 and Dark Horse plus a few hubs. A bear decided to look in side of the Dark Horse without going through the door so it clawed/bit twelve area on the cover'/roof of which I repaired with fabric glue and a similar camo pattern and touched up with camo spray paint. I have had the side wall rods try to push through the bottom rod sleeves. I repaired the rod sleeves using a rivet gun by drilling one or two holes in the bottom of the sleeve and then placing a rivet or two in the holes, thus preventing the rod from coming through. If the rods do not have enough tension to keep the hubs in place when upright. Set up the blind, Detach the hub, Pull out the rods from the sleeves, take off the end caps, added a similar dia wood dowel of 1/2 or more to add more length to the rod thus adding more tension to the hubs, thus keeping the side walls from pulling in. - same with the roof.

15-Mar-21
Paul.....Something similar to your wooden dowel fix, I’ve taken a metal nut or two, of the proper size, and pushed them down into bottom of the rubber end cap.

15-Mar-21
This all sounds like a lot of effort to fix blinds that probably are on the downside and will just break again. Are they warrantied for life? If so, then I get it.

15-Mar-21
Pat, VS what two new blinds would cost, I rather do some home repairs on the two I have at little or no cost. Live time warrantee? I have just ordered a few rods and hubs. They have changed the hubs and the rod materials over the years. I just paid fright on the parts, never sent the whole blind in for repair. Heck, something to do when one gets snowed in.

15-Mar-21
In this throw away world I guess repairing one makes no sense but since I'm a cheap old bastard when I broke a rod the first year I had one I just replaced it with a 88 cent electric fence post from Fleet Farm. Still have and use the blind 15 years later.

15-Mar-21
Rogers Sporting goods has a nice Double Bull for a little over $200

15-Mar-21
Understood. I was mostly directing the ?? to Jake as his blind had been tore up by bears, Buried in an avalanche, attacked by zombies and used by Ned in a cornfield. That last incident would prompt me to set it on fire before I’d step foot in it.

I’d think it’s beyond repair with all of those activities.

15-Mar-21
"That last incident would prompt me to set it on fire before I’d step foot in it."

I read somewhere you can use a black light to determine the extent of the.....contamination.

15-Mar-21
I was gonna send mine into them a couple years back but I heard they repair in a black light setting so didn't want them to think I was weird or something

15-Mar-21
Ned, Perhaps you should explain your "background" with cornfields, and let your fellow Bowsiters weigh in on it......

15-Mar-21
Feel free to include photos or videos....

• Sitka Gear