Cut2Kill 11-Mar-21
Wildan2 15-Mar-21
09-Mar-21

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

09-Mar-21
LOL! Ain't that the truth.

09-Mar-21
my wife just purchased a metal detector for my BD not for looking for lost arrows, but, it might help for that also. I know a guy at the CBA jamboree, that has found many arrow using his MD.

09-Mar-21
That's hilarious!

09-Mar-21
LOL, now that is hilarious....and true! I've waited at many trad shots for guys looking for arrows behind and around targets and, I've been the looker a few times as well.

Quick story regarding lost arrows: My neighbor and good friend killed a nice buck behind the house 3 or 4 seasons ago and he never found his arrow and broadhead. The following summer I was out back roaming around and found his broken arrow and broadhead in a field I was walking through and gave it to him.

Two years ago he killed another buck on a different piece of property and never found his arrow or broadhead again. The following spring we went out to that property to scout for turkeys. He pointed out the spot where he killed the buck and mentioned almost jokingly how he hadn't found his arrow or broadhead and maybe I'd get lucky again. We scouted around for awhile and decided to sit down on a log to take a break and get a drink. I had a small back pack on and set it down right beside his broken arrow and broadhead.

09-Mar-21
We had a group of shooters that carried chairs to sit on while waiting for everyone in the group to individually analyze the shot and then shoot. We have now gone to using range finders which has helped a lot.

09-Mar-21
Hey! That's what Judo points are for! Cease your wandering ways!

09-Mar-21
When I found that it said "Some are looking for arrows". I made the edit to send to a buddy that shoots a recurve. All in good fun!

09-Mar-21
Dang, that brings back a lot of memories of the times and places I have spent looking for arrows. Some are still hiding.

09-Mar-21
Because compound shooters never loose arrows. LOL

09-Mar-21
He’s looking too far out - he needs to turn around and come back a few yards!

09-Mar-21
I shot both compound bows and traditional bows. I have come to some conclusions. Arrows like to hide after the shot no matter what you launch them with. Arrows tend to fly further with modern compound bows. To paraphrase the local Wrecker driver, Four wheel drive vehicles tend to be further off the road than two wheel drive vehicles."I figure they feel more confident so they drive faster" The concept applies.

09-Mar-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
that is why I wrap my arrows with hunter orange tape
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
that is why I wrap my arrows with hunter orange tape

09-Mar-21
When my kids were learning to shoot I would put a few drops of Duck or Pheasant scent (used to train retrievers) on the fletching of each arrow and our hunting lab would find all lost arrows in a matter of minutes!!

09-Mar-21
Rick, I literally quit going to marked yardage shoots over that. We were behind a husband and wife who pulled out their binocs on bees a 6 feet. After they put the binocs down and nocked their arrows, out came the binocs for a second look. At 6 feet.

09-Mar-21
I run beagles on hare and often use my longbow. In 4-6 feet of snow, my arrows are history even with a hit, which is rare. I started this season with 4 dozen woodies. All gone. Using a flinter and Contender now. Thank goodness I make my own arrows.

10-Mar-21
John, you forgot to mention that Trad Guy's are just trying to be helpful by helping the Compound guy's fine there arrows so that everyone can continue shooting the range.

10-Mar-21
"When my kids were learning to shoot I would put a few drops of Duck or Pheasant scent (used to train retrievers) on the fletching of each arrow and our hunting lab would find all lost arrows in a matter of minutes!!"

I love this idea.

10-Mar-21
Rick I don't mind waiting on the one compound shooter to pull out his bino's twice @10 min. each, and I don't even mind when he pulls out his range finder for 10 min. I'm only a half hour into that target.

It is the fact that he is in a group of 5 and each one of them has to do the same routine. making the sum total of time 5 guys at 30 min each 150 minutes or two and a half hours for one group of compound shooters to put arrows in the x.

In the end it didn't matter if it was a mackinze target or a reinhart target or that it was 32 or 33 yards, they all got an x.

oz

10-Mar-21
Cut2Kill, that is one of the smartest ideas I ever saw on the Bowsite. If I could put a drop of cheese scent on my kid's arrows my dog would find them anywhere in the world in a matter of seconds. :)

10-Mar-21
That’s smart. I think I’m gonna put a small piece of chocolate bar wrapper on mine and my daughter will hone in on it in a wind

11-Mar-21
Just use Cheese Whiz Brotsky!!

15-Mar-21
I used to use my lab to find lost arrows;I had to be quick he would try to pick them up and bend them(aluminum).

• Sitka Gear