Tdwhip 10-Mar-21
Empty Freezer 10-Mar-21
Cheesehead Mike 10-Mar-21
Inshart 10-Mar-21
txhunter58 11-Mar-21
Inshart 11-Mar-21
10-Mar-21
Non-Resident Colorado Archery Elk.

I applied for my LE tag and purchased the qualifier. Due to health issues my partner isn't going to apply for the LE tag - right now he's not sure if he will be able to go. I drew the tag last year so I have 0 PP's right now and it normally take 3 points to draw. (always that slim chance ........... so I applied)

My question: If his health improves and he can go,, and just picks up an OTC tag, as a non-resident is he still required to purchase a qualifier? (We will work it out so we both hunt OTC area)

Thanks, Bob

10-Mar-21
If i understand you correctly, your talking about the license you need to purchase to get a point. He will only need to buy a otc tag and habits stamp to hunt.

10-Mar-21
I would have him applie with you. If you draw and he can't go he can turn the tag in.(not sure what the last day to do that is) but if he can go and you draw all the better.

10-Mar-21
What are you calling the qualifier? The small game license you have to buy to purchase a point?

10-Mar-21
If it takes 3 points to draw the tag, you do not have a slim chance to draw with 0 points. You have 0% chance of drawing it with zero points. Colorado does not do a random draw, it's all based on preference points. Everybody with 1 point would have to draw a tag before you would have a chance to draw with 0 points.

In regard to the "qualifier", all you have to do is walk into Walmart and buy an OTC archery license and habitat stamp if you don't have one already.

10-Mar-21
Empty, yes the small game license.

Thanks Mike, that is what I thought but just wasn't certain.

11-Mar-21
Like mike says, no qualifier to buy OTC tag

However, why doesn’t he at least buy a point this year in the draw? He doesn’t have to apply for a tag to get a point. But it will cost him the "qualifying license"

11-Mar-21
Yeah, I'm going to try to talk him into buying the point.

• Sitka Gear