foxwillkill 16-Mar-21
JAW 16-Mar-21
spike buck 16-Mar-21
Moosemania 16-Mar-21
TEmbry 17-Mar-21
Rob Nye 17-Mar-21
carcus 17-Mar-21
15-Mar-21
Where would you go if driving from WI for a color phase spring bear? Thinking about a spring hunt if we can ever get over the boarder again.

15-Mar-21
Mike’s outfitting in Alberta, kills several color phase bears.

15-Mar-21
Desjardins outfitting has many color phase bears.I’ve shot many there.

15-Mar-21
Idaho has a high percentage of Color Phase bears, and you can go there, unlike Canada.

15-Mar-21
Like Nick said, Idaho. Was just reading this past week they have the highest percentage of color phase bears in the lower 48.

15-Mar-21

grape's embedded Photo
grape's embedded Photo
Desjardins Manitoba

15-Mar-21

grape's embedded Photo
grape's embedded Photo
Trails End Outfitters Saskatchewan

15-Mar-21
Several good outfitters in Manitoba. Have hunted twice with Stickflingers at their bow only camp in western Manitoba. About 20% color phase with some big, mature bears.

15-Mar-21

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Lots in southern Colorado. Mainly chocolate.

15-Mar-21

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
About every other bear I have seen in Central Colorado has been some color phase. This was my first CO Bear. When we lived in Monument hunting near the Airforce Academy most bears were jet black, same thing around here on the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska.

When we lived in Meeker, Colorado there were always quite a few bears hitting the oak brush. I tried to sit the gutpile when I shot my moose up near Trappers Lake, but that September there was a lot of snow and the roads were a muddy mess so getting back to sit near it did not work out.

15-Mar-21
Saskatchewan. Is flying ok or only drive to? Either way, there are a lot of choices in Saskatchewan that would fit your bill. Ontario and Manitoba have a high % of black phase.

16-Mar-21
Montana. We’ve killed 5 bears in the last 5 years and all but one have been color phase. Most are chocolates, but we’ve killed a really light blonde and a really red one as well.

16-Mar-21
Duck Mountains, Manitoba.

16-Mar-21
I'm with rattling junkie, Duck Mountains, Manitoba.

16-Mar-21
I live in MN and hunted the Duck Mountains in Manitoba twice. I shot a beautiful chocolate boar on my first hunt and a black boar on my second. All color phases were present. The Duck Mountains are an easy drive from MN (and WI) and Manitoba outfitter bear hunt pricing seems more reasonable than some other areas. The outfitter I hunted with retired many years ago. Good luck.

16-Mar-21

spike buck's embedded Photo
Pine Acres Camp
spike buck's embedded Photo
Pine Acres Camp
Western Ontario has some colors... nothing like the western Provinces though.

16-Mar-21
Spike that is one of the coolest looking bears I've ever seen!

17-Mar-21
Every bear I killed came from Alaska. I’d have to count the hides but I think I have more color phased than pure black when you include the brown bears lol. Very few outfitters offering hunts where they are reliably found though. In your situation Idaho is where I’d be headed

17-Mar-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Color phase cubs are cute little gaffers.

17-Mar-21
"I live in MN and hunted the Duck Mountains in Manitoba twice. I shot a beautiful chocolate boar on my first hunt and a black boar on my second. All color phases were present. The Duck Mountains are an easy drive from MN (and WI) and Manitoba outfitter bear hunt pricing seems more reasonable than some other areas. The outfitter I hunted with retired many years ago. Good luck." This is where I would go, Ryan D, stickflingers Manitoba who has been a long time bowsiter now owns a pile of tags in the Duck Mountains, he may have even bought the tags of the outfitter you mention. Big genetics and colors, cant go wrong

• Sitka Gear