Medicinemann 15-Mar-21
LKH 15-Mar-21
txhunter58 15-Mar-21
'Ike' (Phone) 16-Mar-21
orionsbrother 16-Mar-21
EMB 16-Mar-21
Buck Watcher 16-Mar-21
15-Mar-21
I was going to spray a ground blind with Scotch Guard, as I have read that it will help to contain odors AND improve water resistancy. Any thoughts, opinions, or alternative suggestions are welcome.

15-Mar-21
I think Scotchguard stinks for quite a while afterward and would be more expensive. Maybe treat it with Nikwax, the waterproofing for tents?

15-Mar-21
Camp Dry might be a good alternative as well. I doubt your're going to find anything completely odor free.

15-Mar-21
Scotchgard was pulled from the market years ago due to environmental concerns....

Is there a new formula?

But as long as you have the windows open, isn’t that like having a no-peeing section in the swimming pool?

I think I would be more concerned about stinking up the outside of the blind than about odors leaking out through the material...

15-Mar-21
With turkey season only a month or two away, I figured that I'd try to waterproof the blinds now. I have more than one, and I set them out way before hunting season, so critters can acclimate. The birds won't be affected by odor, and by the time deer season comes around, smell will no longer be an issue.....as long as the waterproofing lasts that long.

15-Mar-21
I have a couple cans of a Silicone Water Guard (which I estimate is similar, though not identical to Scotch Guard). I shoot through mesh.....I don't usually have windows completely open. I am of the opinion that the blind will at least restrict SOME odor from escaping, if only one or two windows are have only the mesh covering.

15-Mar-21
Not sure if it will work on blind material but for my canvas wall tent I used a paint on product called Canvak. Did a fairly good job.

15-Mar-21
Looks available to me:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=scotchguard+heavy+duty+water+and+sun+shield+for+fabric&sprefix=scotchguard&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_11

16-Mar-21
ReviveX is what I use...

16-Mar-21

orionsbrother's embedded Photo
orionsbrother's embedded Photo
This is the stuff that I was talking about Jake. I use it on tents. It waterproofs and provides UV protection so the fabric lasts longer. As someone else mentioned though, seal the seams.

16-Mar-21
I spray my blinds once a year with Scotchguard (or whatever they are calling it now. Wally World silicone waterproofing spray) well in advance of hunting season. The odor doesn't last long enough to matter, and in any event won't matter for turkey season.

16-Mar-21
I think I know where you could get an educated answer. Call ASTKO, they make the Silicone Water Guard (and lots of great scent stuff). I use the N O Dor and other scent control products. I have talked to a guy there a few times and he knew scent and how it works. Ask if SWG contains/traps odor in the blind. Bet they would help you - - AND us.

• Sitka Gear