Buckdeer 10-Jan-24
Groundhunter 10-Jan-24
4nolz@work 10-Jan-24
TGbow 11-Jan-24
Groundhunter 11-Jan-24
Tracker 11-Jan-24
Dale06 12-Jan-24
15-Mar-21
I know this has been discussed over the years, but what chair are you guys using? I haven't found anything I like better than my Rack Pack, but I I bought a new Xenek Ascent and if I use the back pack that comes with it something more packable like the double bull tri stool might be a better option. What is your thoughts?

15-Mar-21
Following..........

15-Mar-21
Those three legged ones are easy to pack but hard on the “nads” if you’re on a long sit. I have an old cabelas chair, swivels, has a back and decent comfort.

15-Mar-21
Packability vs comfort.

I've gotten used to the "bare minimum"...those little 3 legged, foldable units (that swivel), have been working well for me. 15 bucks at WalMart.

If I put the Wife in the blind, however, we need the Cabela's "Cadillac Model" swivel chair, with the comfy back. However, it is not good on my back, hauling it it :^(

15-Mar-21

Rock's Link
https://www.amazon.com/Browning-Camping-8526801-Huntsman-Chair/dp/B01M9K4AQQ

They also make this chair in a four leg version. Best one I have found and I have spent a lot of money on chairs over the years.

15-Mar-21
I've been using the old 3 legged double bull forever. If weight and price weren't an object, I'd spring for a millenium. Sat in one at a friends farm this last late season and it's pretty dang comfy.

I never shoot while sitting when in the blind. Always off my knees so the little tripod is easy to stow out of the way when critters are in range.

15-Mar-21
^^^^Same as midwest, except I have a Millenium. Super comfortable. The only downsides are, not easily packable, and a little bit more unhandy to stow out of my way when preparing to shoot from my knees.

15-Mar-21
Not the HuntMore chair, creeky little POS.

15-Mar-21
I have two chairs I got from Cabelas. They both swivel and have four great big feet which is great in soft dirt. Very comfortable and the only downside is the cost. Kind of heavy for packing in and out but I have ground blinds in my own woods and leave them there. Just brought them out until hunting season opens in the fall. Haul them in and out with my Gator but have carried them.

15-Mar-21
Interesting, some guys shoot off their knees. I’ve shot lots of turkeys and about 10 white tails and a couple antelope from ground blinds, all while seated. Guess different things work best for each of us.

15-Mar-21
Old Double Bull for me as well.

15-Mar-21
I use a three legged collapsible Browning branded. The 4 legged work better but hard to find without arms which can get in the way.

15-Mar-21
Double bull tri-stool for me too. Have shot everything from antelope to deer and turkeys off of it. Great for all day sits. Not hard on the boys at all.

15-Mar-21
I love my DB tri stool but if your on a hill it leaves a little to be desired. I'm thinking of going with a Millennium.

15-Mar-21

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
I’ve used a bunch of fancy chairs like some of the ones above but in all honesty I never go wrong with this cheap and simple home store chair. Quiet, comfortable, and no moving parts that pop and squeak in the cold. Not great for backpacking but I set up my blind a couple weeks in advance so I just stick it in the blind and leave it there. Some guys saw off the arm but never needed to do that.

15-Mar-21
Funny you shared that Pat. I took a new hunter out last year, he sat in a brush pile on the edge of a field, and I sat in the deer stand to film him - he was afraid of heights. I told him to bring a folding chair, and he brought a steel folding chair, like those old cafeteria ones. By god, that thing was deadly quiet. He got a button buck and was tickled to death. I went back to the old tried and true DB folding tripod chair, the slightly wider one, but a tad short. I rather be slightly uncomfortable, than have a noisy chair.

16-Mar-21

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
A cheap folding chair works, especially covered with a folding seat pad. Cozy! Bare steel? Brrr!

16-Mar-21
I'll probably just pick up another DB magnum for my kids to use when we go. However, based on my initial look at the Xenek I'll be packing it on my Rack Pack because it's a much better option than the included back pack for most situations.

16-Mar-21
I’ve seen that hawk chair on camo fire, might give it a try. Other than that I just one of those cheap foldable chairs.

16-Mar-21
Pat, when my dad was well into his 90's he still walked around his garden, field and woods. He would get tired and sit at the bottom of a tree. He would have trouble getting up. My wife bought four of those chairs and put them in various locations. His favorite spot was at the base of an apple tree. He always carried a rifle. I field dressed his last two deer when he was 95 years old. He died 2 months short of his 98th birthday. Those chairs are still in my woods.

16-Mar-21
I like low folding "lawn" chair, like a beach chair. Very comfortable and I shoot from the sitting position by just scooting up to the front edge.

16-Mar-21

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Mine, it actually breaks down another level, but it fits in my blind bag this way also...Lightweight, quiet and comfortable...

16-Mar-21

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
Very light adjustable on each leg will last a long time waterproof new around 25 bucks in goodwill stores as low as 5 bucks. I forgot to mention quite comfortable.Good luck Lewis

17-Mar-21
Waldrop Pac seat, price is high but I gotta say the thing is super versatile and comfortable and gets a ton of use.

30-Nov-22
I am a tourist with many years of experience and understand camping chairs. Outdoor furniture should, first of all, be light, easy to maintain, and strong enough for the intended load. For its manufacture, light and easy-to-clean materials are most often used. A couple of times, I bought such chairs on the website https://eurekaergonomic.com/ergonomic-office-desk-chairs/, but now they have retrained and are selling office furniture. Perhaps there is something left on their website from old stocks that can still be ordered. They had the best chairs I've ever bought.

30-Nov-22
Me I love my Huntmore 360 seat and had it for about 12 years now. I took care of squeaks when I first got it cause Scott the owner of company sent me some new washers and bigger wing nuts to adjust it and not to mention a newer version of the back support .Mine was highly recommended by Mike Mitten who was part of the “Primal Dreams “ crew and Brothers of the bow. He got one for his Dad and his Dad loved it and could sit longer so I gave it a try and also love it. Yes it may be a bit heavy cause it’s built like a tank but I can handle carrying it a mile or so and I leave it in my open ground blind if I’m returning to hunt for a week or two . I also carry a big black trash bag to cover it so it won’t get wet over night in case it rains. One the best things I invested in during my 45 years of hunting.

30-Nov-22
Frank Noska uses the same chairs as Pats above and got the same reason. Can’t argue with that guys success. I’ve had my cabelas high dollar chairs for awhile and once they start squeaking, you might as well pitch them. I’ve tried everything and the steaks resurface- at all the wrong times

30-Nov-22
Frank Noska uses the same chairs as Pats above and got the same reason. Can’t argue with that guys success. I’ve had my cabelas high dollar chairs for awhile and once they start squeaking, you might as well pitch them. I’ve tried everything and the steaks resurface- at all the wrong times

30-Nov-22
My plain go to folding chair chair due to its low 6# weight. As most my blind hunting requires long walks on public. This used in combo with my Ghost blind is money for portability. For shorter walks I’d get a swivel chair. $25-30 on Amazon plus most farm supply stores have these in stock for less.

30-Nov-22
I use the DB tri chair too. The chair is comfortable for me even on all day hunts. It also packs well. I don't seem to be able to get a photo, but I use a Beard Buster Blind Hog Ground Blind Pack System-basically a backpack for ground blinds. It carries my DB blind, chair, bow or rifle and other odds and ends. Amazon has it if anyone is interested in looking at it. The photos are fairly spot on.

30-Nov-22
I’ve recently bought several Redneck blind chairs. They’re three adjustable legs, seat that swivels, with a back rest. Pretty comfy and on sale for $80 shipped. They are heavy though.

30-Nov-22
Get you a Waldrop chair, not cheap but it's a pack/ chair. I have one and it's the most comfortable chair you can get IMO. It will lean up against a tree or stand on its own. Go on you tube and search it , a few vids by the maker and explains how versitile it is. Hard to beat and the biggest fault is trying to stay awake when sitting in it.

30-Nov-22
Get you a Waldrop chair, not cheap but it's a pack/ chair. I have one and it's the most comfortable chair you can get IMO. It will lean up against a tree or stand on its own. Go on you tube and search it , a few vids by the maker and explains how versitile it is. Hard to beat and the biggest fault is trying to stay awake when sitting in it.

30-Nov-22
I’m with Pat. The green plastic chair is hard to beat. Dead quiet. And comfy. A pain to pack but blinds for me stay set up for a period of time

10-Jan-24
A 67 year old hunter with severe arthritic knees, I hunt deer and elk from a ground blind nowadays. Shooting from a seated position on a swivel chair and standing are the only positions I can do. I use a shooting stick for most shots. The triangle seats are a real ball-buster. I don't like seats with arm rests which are difficult to work with. For as long a time as I spend seated in my ground blind, carrying a comfortable folding swivel chair is well worth the cost and trouble. I place tennis balls on the chair legs to help prevent sinking into soft dirt. I like to use natural cover ground blinds, perhaps combined with camo-netting. You've got to give animals what they expect to see, hear, and smell to be a successful ground blind hunter. I don't use animal scents for coverup. I like to use scents like natural tree sap to help hide my scent. I don't need to attract any predators.

10-Jan-24
Four adjustable legs. No arm rests and it should swivel.

10-Jan-24
The redneck ones don't hurt and alot of times they are on sale.I noticed redneck makes a round collapsible stool also

10-Jan-24
Stagetek... before my accident I liked the Black Out chair. Still heavy at 6lbs, but it has 3 legs, goose feet, all adjustable, 360 swivel, a back, and dead quiet. Otherwise I use what Pat described, cheap, and have them stashed all over. I shoot xbow, now so that is advantage. Still like my climber, at low heights.

10-Jan-24
I bought 4 redneck blind chairs on sale-heavy duty tripod chairs on sale.OMG they are uncomfortable!

11-Jan-24
Comfort is subjective but if you want packability you will usually have some weight if you want it to swivel or if you want comfort. My lower back bothers me if I'm sitting very long and the chair isn't comfortable. I use a Cliqe Chair, 3 1/2 lbs. And it's comfortable enough I can sit for a good while. If you're hunting out of a pop up blind you may need a chair that's higher. Lot of other good chairs out there but you usually looking at 8 to 14 lbs in weight.

11-Jan-24
Millenium tree seat for mobility, I have, works good in hill country for me

11-Jan-24
Millennium all day. Light weight, comfortable, adjustable for uneven terrain, swivels which is a must for me. Plus it is quiet.

12-Jan-24

Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
i like the tripod style. quiet...light...and comfortable for longer periods. the ones that have a bar across the front make my legs fall asleep.

12-Jan-24
For turkeys, I like the red neck three adjustable leg model with swivel seat. It’s comfortable, adjustable and reasonably priced. Only negative, it’s heavy, so not a good run and gun chair.

• Sitka Gear