bluedog 21-Mar-21
Scooby-doo 21-Mar-21
bluedog 21-Mar-21
12yards 21-Mar-21
The last savage 22-Mar-21
ESP 23-Mar-21
Tradmike 04-Dec-21
20-Mar-21
Had my last one(left) 3 years ago April first. This one is scheduled for April 30th. I just bought a SC license and WMA permit and I am going down to give the hogs hell for a few weeks until my surgery. My doctor said I should be back to shooting 60#s in 12 weeks. My last one I was back to shooting my 65#s in 11 weeks. Wish me luck, figure get everything done and fixed before I retire in the next year. Shawn

20-Mar-21
Good luck. Don’t over do it. You can easily kill any animal on North America at 55 pounds or even less

20-Mar-21
I know I hunted with 52#s this years as the right shoulder was pretty much toast last summer but waited cause I would not of been healed by hunting season. Thanks! Shawn

20-Mar-21
Know the feeling with these new bows anything over 50 ain’t much good luck and stay safe Lewis

21-Mar-21
I would like ot get to 60#s again and stay there after the surgery for sevral years at least. I have been rough on my body, although I am not in bad shape, my joints are shot due to a pituatary tumor that beat me up! Shawn

21-Mar-21
Scooby, if you don't mind, tell me about the pituitary tumor.

Just had a MRI last week checking for exactly that. (plus follow up check from 2 brain tumors I had like 15 years ago). Don't have my results back yet, may be ok. Perhaps. Thanks in advance.

21-Mar-21
The tumor caused my bodt to produce way to much HGH. My output was actually some of the highest doctors had ever seen. It causes a disease called acromegaly. Basicall a form of gigantism(Andre the Giant, Robert Ludlow) mine just on set later in life. The best guess is I was around 40 when the tumor developes I was 47 when it was discovered. Needless to say it causes rapid growth of certain parts of the body and wreaks havoc with joints and bone structure. I had my tumor removed by the best surgeon in the world on these types of tumors. He actually pioneered the surgery 35 plus years ago. (Transsphenoidal surgery) Dr. Edward Laws and he got the tumor and my levels of HGH and other hormones returned to normal!! Unfortunately the damage was already done! Get it checked out and get it under control asap as it will wreck your life if you don't! Shawn

21-Mar-21
Shawn, Thanks for info. I'm lucky to have a great Doc, she takes care of me well. Just got done being treated for advanced Lyme in October and November....kinda complicates diagnosis naturally. Getting lots of blood tests of course and now the MRI. She'll get to bottom of it. Past history of thyroid issues, all can be related.

Thanks again.

21-Mar-21
Good luck Shawn! Will need shoulders done eventually as well. Look forward to hearing your experience and recovery.

22-Mar-21
good luck scoob.

23-Mar-21
I’ve had three reconstruction surgeries. It is all I can do to pull 54 lbs. planning on buying a 40-50 lb bow.

Dr said that I need a replacement but wants me to wait till I’m 60. 17 more years of ibuprofen.

04-Dec-21
I am scheduled to get my left shoulder replaced on January 18. Dr says I will be able to shoot again.

• Sitka Gear