bohuntr 21-Mar-21
drycreek 21-Mar-21
butcherboy 21-Mar-21
Medicinemann 21-Mar-21
Brotsky 21-Mar-21
bohuntr 22-Mar-21
bohuntr 22-Mar-21
21-Mar-21
I apologize in advance as I am inquiring about rifle hunting opportunities. I know this is Bowsite and there are perhaps better forums to ask about rifle hunts. I have been a member here for a long time and trust the information that is posted here. I love to bow hunt but I also love to eat elk meat. While I have enjoyed many archery elk hunts my success rate has not been that impressive. I did a general google search and there seem to be a lot of places that offer fairly inexpensive rifle hunts for cow elk and claim high success rates. I just know it is easy to make those sorts of claims on the internet. Is there anyone here who can give me some input as to a trustworthy outfitter or trespass fee hunt that fits what I am looking for? Feel free to PM me or reply here. I don't intend to stop bow hunting elk but wouldn't mind a more sure thing to fill the freezer. Thanks for any information that you can give me.

21-Mar-21
Hope this number is still good. Tim Baraclough 575-445-9330. Four of us went a few years ago to the Raton, NM area on one on Ted Turner’s ranches. We went four for four in two days. Field dressed cows went from 380 to 480. For a meat hunt I recommend it, Kiowa Hunting Service.

21-Mar-21
Any private land hunt for a cow in NM is a freezer filler. Buy the tag and required stamps then need to validate it with the state for a specific date.

21-Mar-21
PM sent

21-Mar-21
Just go to one of the reservations Dan. You’ll fill the freezer and it’s close to home.

22-Mar-21
Jake, thanks for the PM, I sent you a reply. Justin thanks for the suggestion, I certainly would be open to a reservation hunt depending upon the details. I sent you a PM.

22-Mar-21
Thanks guys for all of the information so far, I appreciate it!

• Sitka Gear