x-man 24-Mar-21
midwest 24-Mar-21
pa10point 24-Mar-21
Ambush 24-Mar-21
midwest 24-Mar-21
txhunter58 24-Mar-21
PaulLaramie 11-Feb-22
22-Mar-21
I think I'd like to try a clarifier but have no idea where to start as far as diameter, what lens, or what brands to take a look at. Would appreciate any advice.

Maybe it's a verifier I need instead. I want to clear up my pins.

22-Mar-21
Nick, I used a 5/16” verifier peep from Specialty Archery for a couple years and was amazed how clear it made my pins. As a bonus, it actually cleared up the target to a degree as well. They come in 6 different strengths. I’d recommend trying them out at an archery shop to see which one works best for you. I thought I picked out the right one at the shop, but after shooting it for a bit I felt a little dizzy. I tried a different strength and it worked perfect. Once the housing is tied in where you need it, it’s easy to swap out the lens with the little tool that comes with it. Good luck!

22-Mar-21
Thanks, Rob. Does the 5/16" verifier peep stay at 5/16" once the lens is in or does it get smaller? I currently shoot with a 3/16" peep.

22-Mar-21
What Rob mentioned. Also, are you using a magnified lens.......if so, you would need a clarifier. Verifiers are used without a lens.

22-Mar-21
It’s been a few years ago since I used it, but best I remember I went with the 5/16” cuz once the lens was installed in the housing it was close to 1/4”, which is what I use. Either way, once you look at the actual lens you can pick the diameter you prefer. The verifier peep does have a glass lens, but it doesn’t magnify.

22-Mar-21
yeager, I'm not using a magnified scope.

22-Mar-21
You want to go to an archery shop that carries them so you can use the tool to figure out the one you need. I used the biggest peep just so I would have a bigger view.

22-Mar-21
All good advice so far.

22-Mar-21

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
I use a 5/16” pink Verifier and love it. Lots of info on the Specialty Archery site. Good luck!

22-Mar-21
Was gonna post that as well. Both clarifiers and verifiers magnify. It’s like having a pair of reader glasses on

22-Mar-21
Actually Clarifiers De-Magnify. Making the target smaller and farther away (sort-of) making the magnified front lens more "Clear".

22-Mar-21
I've been using a verifier for quite a few years. Switched to the 5/16" housing as soon as they came out which gives you a 1/4" opening. They are heavier than a standard peep, so they should be tied in solidly.

22-Mar-21
do they cloud up or fog up with weather?

22-Mar-21
No they don't fog up, maybe wet wet from rain, snow or mist. BUT they do fog up or stain the lens, I replace my lens every Year due to the cloudiness. And its not dirty, I clean with a Qtip as in the directions.

22-Mar-21
You want to make sure you get the proper magnification by getting the best combination of pin and target clarity at your most frequently shot distance. If you just go with pin clarity in the shop, you may not like what you see at the target.

22-Mar-21
You may get a glare from sunlight once in a while. I have the housing without the hood.

22-Mar-21
I heard that, Jim!

22-Mar-21
You need to clarify by verifying what you need so we can rectify your problem. Ha!

22-Mar-21
The verifier saved my shooting accuracy and a good friend of mine too. I ordered the XL size, went by chart of reading glass power for correct lens and was very satisfied with result.

22-Mar-21
Mine ended up dusty and I had a bull at 15 yards near dark and couldn’t find him in my sights. Just check it daily

22-Mar-21
Anyone know if they make any kinda cover you can put over it?

22-Mar-21
So here is an aricle of the difference between the clarifier and verifier. After reading it I still don’t understand! :-)

https://archeryaccuracy.com/what-is-the-best-archery-scope-lens/#:~:text=What’s%20the%20Difference%20Between%20a%20Verifier%20and%20a,the%20view%20of%20the%20target%20through%20the%20scope.

After reading the difference several times this is how I would describe the clarifier vs verifier.

Verifier: basically a reading glasses lens that magnifies and makes the sight pins clear (but will make the target a little blurry)

Clarifier: A lens used in combination with a verifier to make the target clear as well. So with this there are 2 lenses in your peep

Most people will prob just want to use the verifier to clear up the sight pins. That is what I have. A good tip I have heard about which one to use: Find which verifier lens makes the pins crystal clear, and then use a power just weaker than that. That gives you a compromise between have crystal clear pins but a fuzzy target. Yes, your target will be slightly out of focus, but with a live animal that doesn’t really matter. Only in shooting at targets would that be a problem.

22-Mar-21
How about if you wear everyday glasses and shoot with them on. Does this interfer with Clarifier?

22-Mar-21
The Verifier has been a game changer for my aging eyes, simply unreal clarity, go for it Nick!

ElkNut

22-Mar-21
The only sad part is some states consider this a “scope” and therefore officially say it is not legal. Colorado is one of those.

If you read the article link I posted, that website even calls it a “scope”

23-Mar-21
If you have a magnifying lens on the FRONT of your bow, you need a clarifier in the peep. A two lens set up, used for target shooting and it does act just look a rifle scope.

If you are using only the peep, you need a verifier. Its like wearing reading glasses but is optimized for average arm's length.

23-Mar-21
Good synopsis!

23-Mar-21

23-Mar-21
Didn't Paul@thefort do a write-up about using low power reading glasses, that do the same thing as a verifier??

Also on the verifier not being legal in some states like Colorado. If they are not the CBA should ask the CPW to allow verifiers, as they do not magnify the target only clears up the pins. And if low power reading glass do the same thing, what the difference?? ED

24-Mar-21
If you don't have a scope lens on your sight, no CO is going to check for a lens in your peep. At least I would hope not. Not unless he/she has you for other violations already and is looking to pile more on.

24-Mar-21
If I have a 85% let off bow and a clarifier in Colorado, I might go to jail!

24-Mar-21
Teeton they do make a small cover you can put on the specialty peep. It's kind of like the old change purses from long ago. It has a slot and you just squeeze the ends and slide it over your peep.

24-Mar-21
^^^ Just something about that seems .... ah...well.. uum never mind.

24-Mar-21
LOL!

24-Mar-21
I use low power reading glasses when I hunt with an open sight muzzleloader and it is a pain. When I hike in the mountains elk hunting, I can’t keep glasses from fogging up. The verifier peep solves that problem.

11-Feb-22
I am going on hunting with my friends next weekend and for that I am gathering accessories which I am gonna need while hunting. I have bought camouflaged clothing, scent killer, decoys, trail cameras, rain gear, and weapon. Now, I am searching for the scope lens. Can you guys give me ideas for buying a scope lens? I am thinking about buying Leupold VX-Freedom 4-12x40 lens, I got this idea from this website. But I would like to gather more information on scope lenes. Please help me guys in buying scope lens.

• Sitka Gear