Ward's Outfitters's embedded Photo

24-Mar-21

24-Mar-21

24-Mar-21
I'll be trying them on turkeys this Spring for the first time. My friends who have used them say they're devastating!

24-Mar-21

24-Mar-21

24-Mar-21
Wow look at those white tails

Are those Mexican Goulds ?

24-Mar-21
Yes Mexico and Arizona Gould's

08-Apr-21
Getting ready for turkey here in CO.

I used them for the first time last year and liked them for turkeys.

Question are the green tip 2 3/4" 125 gr ones just garbage? The one I killed my turkey with the blades were bent. Not an issue it was a dead bird. Just pulled out the last 2 from the package and shot each of them in a rhinehart target and after 2-3 shots each both had bent blades and are useless? Is this common with the green tip ones? I'm definitely not buying more $18 replacement blades for this head.

I shot 5 times with the chrome tipped 2" 125's and no issues?

09-Apr-21
I think the long blades of the 2 3/4” might be the culprit. Being so long might have tendency to bend but I don’t know

09-Apr-21
Bending is better than breaking.

I shot a couple of the 2-3/4" into foam a few times but I tied the blades shut with serving string first. They flew great and as long as the ferrules are I was amazed at how they all spun perfect, too.

09-Apr-21
I have a dedicated green 2.75" practice head that I super glued the blades closed.

09-Apr-21
Good recommendations. Never thought of securing the blades shut. Live and learn. Thanks.

09-Apr-21
“ Bending is better than breaking.”

Depends.

Not a turkey story, but I had a HellRazor that deformed on impact with a leg bone and penetrated anyway.

If it had held it shape, it’s possible that penetration would’ve been severely compromised. So in this case, Bending was probably a good thing.

But the replacement bleeder blades on something like a Bear Razorhead or an old-school Magnus or a newer Magnus Stinger… Those are designed to break off on a hard bone hit, rather than preventing your arrow from penetrating adequately. A lot of people rip on them for being “weak”, but there is a good reason for wanting them to do that.

So Breaking isn’t NECESSARILY an entirely bad thing. Nor is Bending.

What SUCKS in Bowhunting is poor penetration. Unless you’re shooting blunts. Big, fat, rubber blunts.

10-Apr-21
In regards to Quinn's post I was responding to, if a large mech is shot into a turkey, bending is better than breaking, IMO.

10-Apr-21
I’m inclined to agree with you on that… Especially on a 2-blade. If the bleeders break off of a four blade, you still have an entirely adequate 2-blade working for you; if you lose one blade off of a big mechanical like that, I’d think it’d screw things up big time.

I think sometimes people get their head wrapped around an idea like the head is supposed to emerge unscathed, when actually engineering it to maximize penetration even at the expense of some damage probably makes for a more effective head.

Sort of like the crumple zones in a vehicle.

10-Apr-21
Midwest.....could you elaborate some more on your last post..........6 or 7 paragraphs should suffice...

• Sitka Gear