hybridbowman 25-Mar-21
Toomanybows Bob 25-Mar-21
TrapperKayak 25-Mar-21
Bake 25-Mar-21
24-Mar-21

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo

Huntcell 's Link
Sportsman and landowners argue that the governments concerns about to many red deer is overstated. Government seeks to cut the numbers nearly in half by allowing night shooting extending season to nearly year around. Currently the deer management model is mostly voluntary agreement with government and estate owners. The most controversial part of the reccomendation is that the government population and management objective become mandatory.

Sportsmen group are painting a picture the Government wants us to shoot mommies with babies inside them .

24-Mar-21
Huh. I LOVE Scotland. I need to get over there and shoot a Highland stag.

A lot different over there. The estates pay for their own management, and can be forced to pay for culling if they allow the numbers to get out of hand. AND, they can sell the venison.

24-Mar-21
I'm surprised the government isn't wanting them to release wolves to fix the problem.

24-Mar-21
I had several hunting acquaintances go over there a couple years ago. They all took rifles. Upon their return, they made it sound like it would be rather difficult to kill one with a bow, but their photos of the terrain suggested that the red deer were very stalkable (to me).

24-Mar-21
I can help them out.

24-Mar-21
I believe it is illegal to archery hunt the Deer in Scotland. We were in the process of booking a trip when Covid hit.

24-Mar-21
As far as being stalkable with a bow, yes and no. Much ground is too open but some areas are wooded enough. I would like to try bugling one in though, or "roaring" I guess.

24-Mar-21
You can't bow hunt in Scotland or anywhere in the UK. It has been illegal since the 60's.

24-Mar-21

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
I have been there twice and saw a few. Would love to hunt them. The folks there are great, and the Armstrongs ( the border reivers) at Gilnocki Tower are distant relatives, and welcomed us with open arms. Both my wife and I have Armstrongs in their immediate families...her mother and my grandmother were Armstrongs. Might have to go back...

25-Mar-21
I dunno, Cal... that’s sounding a little Deliverance....

;)

I would be more than happy to hunt them myself, even if I had to use my 7-08. But the EagleWing would be more fun.

25-Mar-21
I believe you can't hunt in Scotland, or even in the UK.

25-Mar-21
Yes sadly bowhunting it is illegal all over the U.K. But hey what would you expect from people driving the wrong side of the road

25-Mar-21
In the land of Robin Hood.... TMBB

25-Mar-21
Matt, Yeah, I probably should move to Tennessee and be like the Hatfields/McCoys (or wherever that was). Maybe go to work for the Border Control down south...hahahaha.

Seriously, you can't hunt in Scotland??? Bummer.

25-Mar-21
You can hunt in Scotland. You cannot hunt with a bow in Scotland.

• Sitka Gear