Ermine 25-Mar-21
Knife2sharp 25-Mar-21
Rsquared 25-Mar-21
joehunter 25-Mar-21
Rsquared 25-Mar-21
Knife2sharp 25-Mar-21
Knife2sharp 25-Mar-21
24-Mar-21
Does it matter how many thread engage into the insert? I have some original steelheads that I only get 1-1/2 turns before they are seated and others that I get 3-1/2. They tighten up but that just doesn't seem ideal. One thread holding the broadhead into the insert?

24-Mar-21

Rsquared's embedded Photo
Rsquared's embedded Photo
It's seems like rocket had alot of issues with the steelheads through the years. I swear ever new old stock pack has one of the issues that people complained about throughout the years. Blade sharpness or the threaded part not being long enough or the blades not sweeping back as far as the previous models. It's like they would fix one problem but have a new one. Never could get it perfect. I know I'm knit picking

24-Mar-21
I’ve shot a lot of different critters, and so have friends with steelheads. None of us have had 1 single issue. In fact, the only surprises are how well they have performed in different scenarios. Very very tuff broadheads with great performance.

24-Mar-21
I have been told that by alot of people but my question is," has anyone used them while only getting so little thread to engage into the insert and not had problems?"

24-Mar-21
Bowhunt, I believe they are a great head. Don't have first hand knowledge yet but I have read many many great reviews. I tend to knit pick. The ,"so little thread," has me concerned tho. I'm sure it's different for the different inserts people use but with mine I only get 2 turns before the broadhead is seated and that just doesn't seem like alot of thread engaged. Has anyone used them and not has issues with so little thread engaged

25-Mar-21
I have some new style and old steelheads. Both are 3/4 of an inch from the back of the threads to where the back of the broadhead meets up to the face of the insert.

I’ve never had any that barley screwed in. I wonder if it’s an insert issue.

25-Mar-21
Just go out and hunt and use them!! Great head

25-Mar-21
The bear I shot back in 2000, the Steelhead was not on the arrow after going through the bear, but I could see the blade pattern on the exit hole. Arrow was just laying on it's side past the bear. He had turned into the shot, entered behind the shoulder and exited out the opposite rear leg. Never found the broadhead either.

25-Mar-21
That's what I'm worried about. The threaded part that goes into the insert just isn't long enough and u only get the last few threads holding the broadhead onto the arrow. It could become loose and twist right off. Nobody today who still uses the SH's seems to have this problem, but people back in the day did. There's alot of reviews of people complaining back in the day.I guess I'll get some loctite blue or just use the coc steelheads bcs they have more thread on them.

25-Mar-21
Solution - shoot axis shafts and shorten the distance from the end of the arrow to the hidden insert. Broad head will then screw in.

25-Mar-21
Ya that's was another option I was gonna go with. I was planning on going to the shop in the next month or so to get a new rest put on and have my bow tuned and I wasn't sure if I was gonna get another dozen arrows or just stay with the easton 6.5 hunter classic arrows I used last year

25-Mar-21
Many arrows came with a vanes in an opposing offset. Can use lock tight or even a small drop of super glue on the threads.

25-Mar-21
Curious, why the interest in Rocket BHs, their short ferruls?

• Sitka Gear