stjs45 31-Mar-21
Bou'bound 31-Mar-21
midwest 31-Mar-21
Bou'bound 31-Mar-21
kota-man 31-Mar-21
goosie 01-Apr-21
Stekewood 01-Apr-21
26-Mar-21
Hello, As the topic states, looking for a very high successful outfitter for Bou with the best track record for success. If money were no object who and why would you go with. Bow hunt is not must at all!!

26-Mar-21
If the border opens up I will be going with Tuckamore this coming fall.

26-Mar-21
The one that has tags available.

26-Mar-21
Yeah, I know its been a challenge and outfitter has minimum tags. Ive been out there taken a moose with MVO and they were limited on who they would get a tag out to. Just looking for experiences from people who would recommend their outfit.

26-Mar-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
My buddy went with DADG MacDonald twice. First trip he got a small bull moose, came back for an August hunt the next year and got a great velvet bull moose and woody stag.

26-Mar-21
Efford’s

26-Mar-21
I’ve taken 4 with mvo but it that was 2001-2005. Different game back then. They were fairly cheap add ons to moose hunts

26-Mar-21
Hello, As the topic states, looking for a very high successful outfitter for Bou with the best track record for success. If money were no object who and why would you go with. Bow hunt is not must at all!!

26-Mar-21

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo
Efford’s runs an excellent operation. I was in a remote camp with two others who filled their tags as well. If I could find the time I would go back in a second. Oh wait! Border is still locked down!

26-Mar-21
Effords has always produced some giants, but I feel its at a very steep price. $17k for a Woodland? ( I know I said money wasn't an object) that's getting up there with dal sheep money. Any others than MVO and Efforts?

27-Mar-21
You must not have looked at dall prices recently!!!

27-Mar-21
Money is no object until you see how much it costs. ;-)

27-Mar-21

JSW's embedded Photo
JSW's embedded Photo
Effords Hunting Adventures

27-Mar-21
Great bull & photo

27-Mar-21
Nice photo and congrats on the trad trophy.

27-Mar-21
Gorgeous stag

28-Mar-21
I’ve taken 4 with mvo but it that was 2001-2005. Different game back then. They were fairly cheap add ons to moose hunts

28-Mar-21
Beautiful animals ! Bou has been a lifelong dream, and specifically woodland . For me , Antler size never plays into the equation . Simply a beautiful animal ....as they all are , but the woodland lives in terrain more suitable for stalking and ambush which is shining times for a bowhunter.

That is a very special Bull JSW ....Congratulations to all !

28-Mar-21
That's funny !! Money is no object.....

It the price of a Dall...................NAH its half the price of a Dall LOL

28-Mar-21

stjs45's embedded Photo
stjs45's embedded Photo
Bou'Bound - I just got my Dall 7 months ago. My comment was a simple observation about EFFORD'S being $19,000. Thats what Efford's is with his 15% tax.

Capra - Effords half of a Dall? so your telling me Dall's are $38,000?!? now that's ignorant condescending comment! How much did you pay for your Dall?

29-Mar-21
Quote: "Capra - Effords half of a Dall? so your telling me Dall's are $38,000?!? now that's ignorant condescending comment! How much did you pay for your Dall?"

I can't speak for Capra, but I do know that the statement of "double" is actually not too far off, if you're talking about a comparison to the best Dall Sheep outfitters for bowhunters. In the NWT, Gana River was at 30.5k for a sheep-only horseback hunt this year 2021, and I believe they're on a sliding scale of price escalation, adding 1500 per year to the price, for hunts booked now. So if you could book a hunt with them right now for 2024, looks like the price would be 35k. You can hunt sheep in Alaska much "cheaper", say around 20k, but the success rate in Alaska is typically much lower for archery hunters.

Great feedback above though....hoping to do this Caribou hunt in the near future.

29-Mar-21
That is definately more than my Dall and Mountain Caribou together cost a few years ago! Would love to do Newfoundland for a moose caribou combination...

29-Mar-21
Capra - Effords half of a Dall? so your telling me Dall's are $38,000?!? now that's ignorant condescending comment! How much did you pay for your Dall?

You are on a site asking BOWHUNTERS for the " Best "information. Our world is significantly different than that of a firearm hunter. We need great weather, good numbers of quality animals, days in the field, days in the field, and a lot of luck. For that reason we cant afford to hunt with anyone but the best.

My imagination is that your Dall was a rifle kill. Sure we could book the cheapest hunt in AK but that is not the same conversation and would be an expensive hike for a bowhunter.

The best sheep hunts are escalating in price faster than any time that I can remember. Couple that with the fact the the Canadian outfitters are looking at missing two full seasons..........Let that sink in for a min. They will be hunting the 2020 bookings in the 2022 season so everyone is in line two full years later than the original booking. And they will need to make up for two years lost revenue.

Unfortunately I was in a car accident 6 months before my Dall hunt with Braun Kopsack in 2004 and was unable make the hunt. At that time it was about 8K. By the time I was re rehabilitated several years later the same hunt was 14K. If I was booking today it would be with someone in the NWT Simpsons Nahanni Butte or Gana.

My advice. Book with Effords today before the prices go up !

29-Mar-21
Capra - Im sorry if my message came a bit defensive or too direct. What I was trying to get across is in NF there is about 3 maybe 4 "top on paper" outfitters from my research that will get you on trophy bulls. Effords, Deer Country lodge, Conne river, and MVO. Thats it!!! very limited number tags and now with Covid, backed up a couple of years. Dall sheep, there's 10 maybe 15 times the outfitters available, two different country to hunt them in and in most places tags are purchased OTC. If you go to the DSC or Sheep Show the going rate for a Dall is about $22k. Sure you can get some for $40k - $50k maybe even higher the same way you can pay Deer country Lodge $30k for a Caribou. A cheaper Dall hunt does not mean a smaller ram as we can agree it could for Caribou, if you are only talking about trophy size. When you state "best sheep hunts" your referring to the large outfits that, well-oiled machines, that produce 10-20 all sheep a season. But my outfitter for goat and sheep is a single guy with two guides take 4 rams a season, owns his own plane and parks it at your spike camps. Call it mom and pop service, great prices, and produces 100% opportunity with most accommodations. That bargain of an outfitter does not exist for the Woodland Caribou. That why paying less for Dall does not relate as much to getting less of a trophy or less opportunity as Woodies do!

I shot 6/10 of my Super 10 Slam with a bow, so I am very familiar the differences from a bow hunt to a rifle hunt. Im not comparing bow to rifle or vise versa. When I compare prices I'm talking outfitters, you can take a slingshot if you want. None of the outfitters I know have a rifle price and a different bow price.

Im sorry to hear about your accident man and it jacking your hunt up. Hopefully your better now and been able to make it out on the field. Theres not many things I regret in my life, but two things I definitely do. One is not booking a Stone Sheep when I was talking to them and were $22.5k and booking a Quebec with Jack!!!!

I appreciate everyones help, I will be making some calls this week and let ya know what I end up doing!

29-Mar-21
My 2019 hunt with Efford's. Saw lots of good bulls on my hunt and got lucky crossing paths with this guy. No complaints with the logistics and hunt at all. Two moose and two stag's killed out of our camp and we decided to fly out a day or so early.

29-Mar-21

DEMO-Bowhunter's embedded Photo
DEMO-Bowhunter's embedded Photo

29-Mar-21
Giant.

29-Mar-21
Beast wow

29-Mar-21
Great stag, Scott!

29-Mar-21

29-Mar-21
Scott is my hero!

29-Mar-21
Great bulls fellas!

29-Mar-21
Cory!! Your son is going to be jealous!!

Thanks guys, he will be in Reno for P&Y!!

29-Mar-21
“Tough love” Scott...Seriously, that’s an awesome bull.

30-Mar-21
Saw some fantastic caribou bulls while hunting moose with Conne River. Covid has probable messed with their bookings and I believe they were allotted only 6 tags a season. Priced in the 14K range I believe.

31-Mar-21
Thanks everyone for the info and experiences. I contacted Dean with MVO and requested for a remote drop camp and to be guided by him. I sent my deposit check couple hours ago!! Will update everyone when successful (fingers crossed)

31-Mar-21
You’ll be in great hands with dean

31-Mar-21
Good luck! Please come back and let us know how the hunt went.....stag or no stag!

31-Mar-21
There will be a stag.

31-Mar-21
Dean guided me on a couple Newfoundland hunts. You will have a great hunt.

01-Apr-21

goosie's embedded Photo
goosie's embedded Photo
J & B Outfitters 2020 - the outfitter is the son of the owner of Tuckamore Lodge. Amazing caribou numbers...highly recommend for a big woodland.

01-Apr-21
Dean is awesome. Guided me on my hunt with MVO years ago. Great dall ram by the way!

• Sitka Gear