WV Mountaineer 28-Mar-21
FORESTBOWS 28-Mar-21
FORESTBOWS 28-Mar-21
standswittaknife 28-Mar-21
Plum lake 28-Mar-21
WV Mountaineer 28-Mar-21
JC3 09-Apr-21
27-Mar-21
Shopping for a new tent. looking at the kifaru sawtooth and Luxe tents. Going to go with a tent stove combo. What's the pro's and con's of each tent? Or is there other lightweight tents that you'd recommend? Needs to be light weight as I'll be using it on a river canoe hunt and must be stove capable.

27-Mar-21
Forgot to mention Kifaru sawtooth and Luxe Megahorn 4 person.

27-Mar-21

76aggie's embedded Photo
76aggie's embedded Photo
I have a couple of Seek Outside teepee tents and are well satisfied with each. The pic shows them set up on a raft float hunt in AK.

27-Mar-21
I have the Seek Outside Cimarron with a large stove.

I’m really happy with it. It’s been great in all weather conditions.

I have no first hand knowledge on the other two brands.

27-Mar-21

bowhunt's embedded Photo
bowhunt's embedded Photo
Lots of room for 2 people and the stove.

27-Mar-21
All good options. We take our seek outside tents everywhere and have never had an issue. Our eight man went to Alaska last year in endured some very brutal weather.

27-Mar-21
We’ve used the sawtooth for possibly cold, late October sheep hunts and it’s great! It has a bug liner too for mosquitoes. You’ll want the box stove not the small cylinder one.

27-Mar-21
I have a Kifaru sawtooth. Love it. Big fan of Kifaru shelters

28-Mar-21
I have the sawtooth and a timberline by seek outside. Both perform well. Never have used a Luxe.

28-Mar-21
I own a luxe. They seem to be of high quality. I wouldn’t take it over a Kifaru but, pricing is different. Drastically different. And, for the little back packing I do, it works great.

28-Mar-21

FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
8 man kifaru

28-Mar-21

Sawtooth. Awesome tent you can stand up on.

28-Mar-21
I'd suggest you stand in them though... :)

28-Mar-21
Thanks for the info guys. I'm leaning towards the Luxe because of price difference. Kifaru is probably better quality but it's not a tent that'll I'll be spending a lot of time in. Maybe 20-30 days a year. I've only ever used canvas tents so they are somewhat new to me. Like the simplicity of one pole design.

28-Mar-21
The Luxe will work great for you.

09-Apr-21
You might want to look into Tentipi's. I use their Safir 15 as a base camp tent. They have 3 different levels of tents. A bit pricey but quality is top notch.

• Sitka Gear