2xLung 30-Mar-21
Mule Power 30-Mar-21
Bullet 30-Mar-21
sticksender 30-Mar-21
cnelk 30-Mar-21
Firsty 30-Mar-21
Jrhendricks 31-Mar-21
30-Mar-21
Looking for some advise in unit 49. Have PP to draw either archery or muzzleloader looking for some input of which would be better option in this unit. If archery would it be better to go early or late? Also any good places to start? Do most camp a vehicle or would it be better to pack in? Looking for any information to help make this a fun and successful hunt.

30-Mar-21
Unit 66 instead.

30-Mar-21
I think the weapon is a personal choice. You can hunt more days, if you have the time, if you go archery. Your call if that out weighs the increased range of a MZ. Beware regulations for MZ are different in CO then for many states.

It’s lots of dark timber but not so dense or lacking in open areas that a MZ wouldn’t be an advantage.

I always like the 3rd and 4th week the best

I would plan on road camping and really explore a lot of areas . Gotten into lots of elk close to roads in that unit

30-Mar-21
49 was a bust last year for a number of my friends. look elsewhere.

30-Mar-21
A little further north and you’re in the Bighorns. Unless you have private land access I’d go up there. Oh wait.... wrong state?

30-Mar-21
Thanks for feedback, what about unit 76, have 15 PP so can draw archery. I know it’s steep and rugged and probably need to be packed in, but will the hunting be good and any recommendations on where to go and who provides pack in services.

30-Mar-21
With that many points, I'd also look at Unit 40. With 15 points, you should be a guaranteed draw for archery.

30-Mar-21
Anyone that cant have a good hunt in 49 stinks at elk hunting. That place is loaded with elk. And close to the roads too

30-Mar-21
If you have enough points for 76 I would definitely go for it. Do not need to be packed in, plenty of elk close to roads.

31-Mar-21
If I had the points, I'd definitely go with 76. I have had friends who have hunted both and said that 76 was the hunt of a lifetime.

• Sitka Gear