Lone Wolf 30-Mar-21
AccMan 30-Mar-21
MathewsMan 30-Mar-21
Kannuck 31-Mar-21
Slate 31-Mar-21
Manager 01-Apr-21
Jrhendricks 01-Apr-21
30-Mar-21
My experience with cellular cams has been unbelievably frustrating. Looking for recommendations on truly reliable cameras. Those that can be counted on to function flawlessly and continuously for a year or more. Is there such a thing?

30-Mar-21
Can you describe your experiences, what is the issue?

The coverts I've used have been pretty much problem-free, as long there's good cell service at the camera site.

30-Mar-21
I ve had good luck with the MoultrieMobile cameras. Great battery life on the new models

30-Mar-21
Love to hear anyone’s experience with Reconyx cell cams.

30-Mar-21
Year or more your pushing it battery wise. Tactacam reveal. Love em.

30-Mar-21
I’ve had excellent luck running the Cuddelink set up. Going on it’s third year now.

30-Mar-21
I've had good luck with the Spartan's using the Verizon network. I just bought a couple of the Browning last week and will be deploying them this week so hopefully they work well too.

30-Mar-21
Chasing giants podcast has a cell cam review. Pretty anything but the high end ones are garbage. Has a lot to do with cell reception and the way the pics are processed and sent

30-Mar-21
Spartan hands down with a battery box so you don’t have to go back in to check or change batteries. We run 12 of them and they are a game changer.

30-Mar-21
Yep...Love my Spartans and Tactacams. Have 6 of them. Not so much as a single hiccup in two years with any of them and I leave half of them out year round. I’ve had one of my Spartans and one of the Tactacams out all winter through -30 temps and have not changed the lithium batteries!!! To say I’m impressed is an understatement.

30-Mar-21
Tactacams were a surprise to me. Cheap and reliable doesn't happen much with cell cams. I barely have 3G at one spot and this thing has full bars. I put a regular cam next to it and left it be for two months. Didn't miss a creature. It takes 12 batteries but lithium will last you all year. So pleased I have 3 more reserved when they are available in May. So nice to set it up and stay out of the area. I can't speak on longevity as they have only been out for one year.

30-Mar-21
I've been running the SpyPoint Cell-Links (connected to various Moultrie and Wild Game Innovation cams). I have 3 out since June 2020 through the winter in Northeast. I did refresh the batteries in December (just because I knew I wasn't going to be back for many months due to the weather/access). They are still running strong! One Cell-Link shows 91% battery and another is as low at 60% during the same time period. I got a picture of a nice gobbler yesterday! For $60 addition on top of the existing cameras, it was worth it. I have 1 cam that I have the monthly subscription for as it's over a plot. The others, I take to 100 pics per month for free - did I mention the gobbler :)

30-Mar-21
Lot of guys like the Tactacams, but they seem to be tough to come by these days.

30-Mar-21
I’m using Browning and have been pleased.

30-Mar-21
I have eight Spypoint cameras. They're inexpensive...bought most of them on eBay for $80. I'm cheap and I can get 100 free pictures a month per camera. If that runs out I just wait for the next free 100 pics to kick in.

30-Mar-21
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated. I have a few Spypoints. When they work, they're great but I have had to go retrieve every one of them at least once in order to try to resolve issues, mainly with picture transmission. Most of them are now replacements after the issues couldn't be fixed. They have been great about replacing the broken ones but I'm looking for a few for my lease, which is 300+ miles away, and I can't just run out and grab them when they stop working.

30-Mar-21
I have a Browning with Strikeforce wireless coverage and app. It works awesome. In fact, it’s taken thousands of pictures and I still haven’t change the batteries since last August. Still going strong.

30-Mar-21
If you have GREAT cell service the Cuddelink system works great, that is what I have at home. If you have poor cell reception the Tactacam Reveal's will probably work great. On one farm I hunt the reception is terrible, can't even text. I tried the Cuddelink system and it was a complete failure because of signal strength. I bought a Tactacam Reveal and it works great on that poor signal. It is beyond me how a $100 camera can work when a $1000 cell phone will not work. Tactacam is releasing the new and improved Reveal's in May.

30-Mar-21
Tactacam. Been running 3 for about 8 months and they are amazing.

30-Mar-21
If you have GREAT cell service the Cuddelink system works great, that is what I have at home. If you have poor cell reception the Tactacam Reveal's will probably work great. On one farm I hunt the reception is terrible, can't even text. I tried the Cuddelink system and it was a complete failure because of signal strength. I bought a Tactacam Reveal and it works great on that poor signal. It is beyond me how a $100 camera can work when a $1000 cell phone will not work. Tactacam is releasing the new and improved Reveal's in May.

30-Mar-21
I bought one but where my bear bait site is at there is no service so I returned it. I’m sure it would be great if the spot I put it would work.

31-Mar-21
Tactacam. Flawless so far.

31-Mar-21
I’m not saying it’s you but, a lot of cameras are user issues. If you want perfect don’t buy any of them.

01-Apr-21
The dependability & durability of all Reconyx trail cameras. And with a 5-year warranty on their new Hyperfire 2 Cell camera. Made it a no brainer to try one. Been using a Reconyx cell camera for several months now. Just awesome what it can do !!! You wanting a RELIABLE Cellular Camera. Give Reconyx a try.

01-Apr-21
Has anyone used Stealthcam fusions?

• Sitka Gear