Ken 31-Mar-21
GF 31-Mar-21
DonVathome 31-Mar-21
Lost Arra 31-Mar-21
OTC_Bowhunter 31-Mar-21
31-Mar-21
How long do they last for you?

31-Mar-21
Lifespan of any insert is going to depend on type and frequency of use. If you're on your feet 8 hours a day on concrete floors, you'll burn through them a lot faster than in your 'weekend' hikers.

Your body weight will make a difference too.

31-Mar-21
1 month of hiking/wearing? 180#

31-Mar-21
From their website:

"You can count on reliable comfort and support for up to 12 months or 500 miles, whichever comes first."

So 10 miles a day for a month is about the limit.

How do you tell if they are worn out?

31-Mar-21
"How do you tell if they are worn out?" Mine usually get brittle and break. I had never seen the 12 months or 500 miles thing but get more than that out of mine.

31-Mar-21
12/500 sounds like something the marketing department came up with when their sales hit a plateau and started to tail off. I don’t wave very much, but I have had pairs out-last the shoes/hikers that I had put them into. And these were not wimpy boots, either.

Usually by the time I move them from one pair of boots to another, they look pretty thoroughly customized to my feet, but they still feel better than the stock potato chips that so many boots come with.

So yeah, I’m a cheapskate, but if it ain’t broke....

31-Mar-21
Thanks! I agree my guess is the company cut the lifespan in 1/2. I have several pairs that looked "used". I figured it was better to check then drop $150 on 3 new pairs!

31-Mar-21
Many of mine are older than a year and still comfortable. First sign of sore feet and they get tossed or the insole is kept and entire boot gets tossed depending on wear/age.

31-Mar-21
I have run hundreds of miles on mine. Never have they broke! Deep impressions around my toes is usually my sign to replace them. That's when I take the from my running shoes, clean them real good and put them in my hunting boots.

• Sitka Gear