Mule Power 03-Apr-21
sitO 03-Apr-21
Bou'bound 03-Apr-21
Jackaroo 03-Apr-21
Kannuck 07-Apr-21
altitude sick 07-Apr-21
Scooby-doo 12-Apr-21
31-Mar-21
Ideas? No shipping. Facebook does not allow it. I live near Cleveland. I have to many and have one a good shape that is the smallest that I do not have room for so I want to sell it. 5 on the all is enough.

31-Mar-21
Your garage?

If my brother lived in Cleveland he would probably buy it. He doesn't hunt but wants one for his business.

31-Mar-21
Decorators. Bars Restaurants

31-Mar-21
I am asking where to advertise it.........................

31-Mar-21
there is a Facebook page Taxidermy for sale. Photos allowed & information but price must be in PM from what I understand.

31-Mar-21
gunbroker.com lists taxidermy.

31-Mar-21
THANKS!!!! I found it perfect!

31-Mar-21
Facebook is a surprise!

31-Mar-21
So I do not understand how they do this. I started to list it and it is in "normal" classifieds - the exact place mine was taken down from????? What do you think a medium size deer in good shape is worth? $100?

31-Mar-21
What about Craigslist?

I see things listed there (at absolutely ridiculous prices) all the time.

31-Mar-21
Yikes I might set it at the curb with a for sale sign before CL!!!! Shady stuff there.....

31-Mar-21
I listed it on CL so if you never see a post again from me......

31-Mar-21
I've bought and sold a lot of stuff on CL. Just use common sense, if selling, I typically meet somewhere public instead of my house. As far as listing price for a mount I have no idea but good luck.

31-Mar-21
I had not heard of the hazards of CL.... Bought a coupla bows from local folks no problems....

I suppose maybe if somebody wanted me to meet ‘em in an alley to make a $10k cash purchase, I’d think twice about it.

But for all I know, these guys had their wives on the other side of the door with an 870....

31-Mar-21
Taxidermy unless it’s an exceptional trophy, is worth very little, except to the person that killed it. I have 25 or so mounts. I expect they will go to a landfill or be given away when I’m gone.

31-Mar-21
Search old posts by Bowriter. I recall him posting that there was a market for taxidermy at Cracker Barrel's corporate office. I wish I'd have saved the info.

31-Mar-21
You will have done well if you get $100.

31-Mar-21
You might even try antiques shops. Some will take them on consignment.

31-Mar-21
The local Scheels outdoor store or Scheels Inc, came, took down, picked up, purchased all of a friends US and Africa mounts. Do not know the "fair " price they might have paid.

31-Mar-21

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
If you strike out selling, maybe take antlers off and make a skull mount. I know that’s not what you asked but just a suggestion to keep that memory.

31-Mar-21
EBay

01-Apr-21
Facebook did not let my post go through

01-Apr-21
About the best you can do is zip the antlers off and turn them into dog chews and sell them. Any decent buck you should be able to get 5-$10 dog chews off each side. There's your $100.

01-Apr-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
this. They have antler & taxidermy only auctions. The have a FB page where you can advertise your Mount.. Prices must be private & not in you FREE post.

01-Apr-21
Theres one that scores over 200 on craigs list

02-Apr-21
Make it into a decoy.

02-Apr-21
Bass Pro Shop/Cabelas may be a buyer possibility.

02-Apr-21
I sold all of mine on craigs list. A bar in Seattle bought most of them. I had a guy fly up from San Francisco to buy a bear hide and skull. It was a sow that the state aged at 26 years. He was a Native American Maidu tribe shaman and used them to initiate young people into the tribe by doing a ceremonial a bear dance. This would be for the first female ever initiated this way. He would then give them the hide. He demonstrated the dance for me it was pretty wild. He was 5 ‘ nothing so the bear fit him perfectly. Pretty cool.

02-Apr-21
Best ever story on bowsite

03-Apr-21
Jackaroo what did you get for the mounts and bear?

03-Apr-21
Jackaroo that is cool $h1t! If he told me that story and did the dance I would have told him teach me the dance and the bear is free!

With so many Field & Stream and Sportsmans Warehouse stores shutting down there must be plenty of mounts for sale out there. I wonder who ended up buying some of Big Dan’s mounts. He had some bigguns! I remember the thread offering them for sale.

03-Apr-21
Might try one of the guys in Connecticut...they never kill anything ;?)

03-Apr-21
Realistically mounts are nearly priceless to those who killed them and virtually worthless to those who didn’t

If you can monetize them in anyway go for it most of them end up in the garbage eventually

03-Apr-21
Bull, this was about 12 years ago and if I remember right about $250 a head. These were extremely large Idaho 5x5’ and one 6 x 7 mule deer that shot in the 1970’s and early 80’s. The bear was $450. He was happy to pay it because I had all the provenance that it was a female bear and he wasn’t likely to find another. The ad posted and he was on a plane that evening.

07-Apr-21
Interesting... Selling taxidermy in Ontario is very illegal. I've heard of conservation officers fining people for trying to sell moose antlers at a yard sale.

07-Apr-21
I have sold one mount. When needing more room others migrate to the barn or are loaned or given away. Now only do European mounts. That one sale was a full body Nyala. There was a Bowsite member asking about mounting his Nyala. I sold it to him at half the original cost. And he slid his horn shells over the base. So his horns on my skin for half the mounting cost. Not even factoring in shipping from Africa.

12-Apr-21
3 Year ago I sold 90% of my European mounts and my skull cap mounts, plus ones I had displayed for years and than just put in totes. I had over 100 bucks that I killed and sold them all except for 9. 7 full mounts and 2 Europeans I kept. I sold them at a yard sale and as dog chews. Some were over 125"s but a lot of 4, 5 and 6 pts as well. I made around 800 bucks for all 100 plus sets. No money in it at all. The ones I have now will go to my family and I won't mount anymore unless I get a whitetail over 200"s(LOL) Shawn

• Sitka Gear