Charlie Rehor 07-Apr-21
Jasper 07-Apr-21
Yellowjacket 07-Apr-21
onX Hunt 08-Apr-21
Bob H in NH 09-Apr-21
Bob H in NH 09-Apr-21
Tracker 10-Apr-21
07-Apr-21
Leaving for a multi state hunt in 2 days and just downloaded OnX. I’m old school so need some tips and links to videos for a quick start on how to use! Thanks!

07-Apr-21
just type Onx on youtube. You'll have hours of videos. It's pretty simple once you get the format.

07-Apr-21
Is this better than GPS? Can you find a stand in the dark in big woods?

07-Apr-21
You'll love it. Specifically watch something on downloading the Off-line maps. I think that's necessary for the places hunters get to.

07-Apr-21
A FWIW tip.....I snipped and saved OnX pics on my laptop of the places I hunted to use for further reference should I loose my OnX app. I can just print them out and save them to a folder to carry in the truck.

07-Apr-21
Bake X2. Get the offline maps downloaded at home with your wifi. You can always play with all the other features while your hunting.

07-Apr-21
I'll send you your first waypoint for all those Black Hills turkeys I found last fall :)

07-Apr-21
Also, definitely download the offline maps for the Black Hills before you get there, you won't have service in many areas.

07-Apr-21
You can go to the web map from your pc and start saving maps now. This is the first time I've used that option but it appears to be pretty straight forward.

edit, that simply puts them into a "que" on your phone. You will then open onX on the phone, go to offline maps, and tick the "down arrow" to save them to the phone.

07-Apr-21
MF: I hunt with friends at their places around the country and one of the biggest benefits of OnX for me is the ability to find a tree stand (day or night) that I’ve never been to before. My host shows me the stand on the map or transfers the spots to my app and I just follow my blue dot (me) as I walk in. Saves the host having to guide me in to new stands.

Have a great trip Jasper....

07-Apr-21
Great stuff! Thanks everyone!

07-Apr-21
Watch managing the battery on your phone. Download your maps beforehand and use airplane mode in the field. If you're in an area with spotty or no cell service your battery will drain quickly if not in airplane mode.

08-Apr-21
Feel free to give us a call at 406-540-1600 and we can answer any questions you have as well.

09-Apr-21
On hint on using OnX to "find" something or go to a waypoint. I put tracking on, it shows a line of where you went. This is often helpful simply to help make sure you are going in the right direction - Look at it you see the direction you've been traveling and can tell to veer right/left

09-Apr-21
On hint on using OnX to "find" something or go to a waypoint. I put tracking on, it shows a line of where you went. This is often helpful simply to help make sure you are going in the right direction - Look at it you see the direction you've been traveling and can tell to veer right/left

10-Apr-21
Do yourself a favor and download the maps if the area you will be hunting. This way if you loose cell service your are still good to go.

• Sitka Gear