Potro 12-Apr-21
MathewsMan 12-Apr-21
Potro 15-Apr-21
Gil 16-Apr-21
Potro 19-Apr-21
Lone Eagle 23-Apr-21
Ned 24-Apr-21
08-Apr-21
Do you know if a Non Resident can hunt alone in Alaska for Sitka Deer?

08-Apr-21
Only need a guide if you plan to hunt for brown/grizzly bear, sheep or goat.

08-Apr-21
Yes. Google up Kodiak Buck Shack

08-Apr-21
All of the above answers are true as long as you are a US resident. Otherwise, you need a guide for any big game.

08-Apr-21
There’s no Sitka Blacktails in AK...

08-Apr-21
I think you better check this with the state rather than here. While it's true for U.S. citizens I believe non citizens must have a guide for all big game.

08-Apr-21
Here it is: Nonresident Aliens: A nonresident alien must be personally accompanied by an Alaska-licensed guide to hunt ANY big game animal, including black bear, brown/grizzly bear, bison, caribou, Dall sheep, deer, elk, moose, mountain goat, muskox, wolf and wolverine.

08-Apr-21
If you are from Mexico, you would need a guide. Americans who are not AK residents can hunt them without a guide.

08-Apr-21
Biden might waive that law by executive order. Give it a minute....

08-Apr-21
Or Don da Con could return from loserville and pardon him for violating.

12-Apr-21
Thanks guys Now I should start looking for a guide then

12-Apr-21
I would look at Rogue Outfitters if you’re interested in trophy class Sitka Blacktail. Jeremy’s hunters always seem to have success even when the hunting is tough.

We could have gone to a much better place for just deer last fall but my hunting partner was more interested in Mountain Goats, so we went to a great spot for both.

Deer numbers were tough. They were around but always take game when opportunity presents. We could have tagged out on decent bucks in one draw but figured we would certainly have more opportunities if we found deer so easily the second morning- we were miles in after goats and later it was very tough, especially when bow hunting.

15-Apr-21
Thanks for the info, will look into Rogue

16-Apr-21
However, a resident alien does not need a guide. . Also, a non-resident alien can BE a guide but not hunt himself without a guide.

19-Apr-21
I just check and you guys are right Coming from Mexico, I will need a guide

23-Apr-21
You might check out Afoganac Wilderness Lodge.

24-Apr-21
You can vote and get a drivers license but sorry, you'll need a guide to hunt lol.

• Sitka Gear