fuzzy 20-Dec-23
boothill 20-Dec-23
IsaacMoore 21-Dec-23
fuzzy 22-Dec-23
DanaC 22-Dec-23
APauls 22-Dec-23
Pat Lefemine 22-Dec-23
09-Apr-21
Should say “for” not “doe”. Sorry. Has anyone had experience with this? My son wants to use camera/video at the end of his long heavily wooded property’s driveway 1/4 mile so if he’s gone he’ll know whats happening. Kind of like a cellular RING doorbell on steroids. Is there a FAST cellular way to accomplish this so the data comes across quickly instead of waiting on video til it’s too late? WiFi won’t reach that far. Also open to other solutions if anyone has input. The radio shack radio chime works but goes off too often with deer crossing the drive during the night and of course no images. Thanks!

10-Apr-21
Any cell camera should send pictures in minutes.Tatacam works fast and well.

10-Apr-21
Second for Tactacam

10-Apr-21
Looking for instantaneous like RING to avert a potential problem if such is available.

10-Apr-21
My Tactacam sends pics to my phone around 2 minutes later

10-Apr-21
My brother's Tactacam is a little slow, (minute to 90 seconds behind) but works pretty good.

12-Apr-21
Bigfoot trail cameras out of Poncha Springs, CO. My friend has a 1/4 mile driveway and we have been sitting at his house and he will get the notification before they get to the house. Will work with most major cell carriers and have 3g and 4g capabilities.

12-Apr-21
Thanks Boothill!!

13-Apr-21
Listen to the test on chasing giants and good luck finding tactacams if you wanted one.You might talk to the guys at trailcampro.com

14-Nov-22
Yes, I know what it is. I have no personal experience with this kind of device. But I went on a trip with a woman with this device in her home threshold. We went to the canyon, ran there, and took pictures. And at some point, she wanted to show me her house. She turned on the phone with the app from Vivint.com. And we watched her kid playing outside, and her husband was lying on the grass under a tree. She called them, and they waved their hands at the camera. It looked really cute. As far as I know, you can always watch the shooting online. But records are also saved there and automatically deleted after a month.

14-Nov-22
Tactacam

14-Nov-22
What’s the going price a Tactacam?

14-Nov-22
I use the Reolink Go PT, works good for a trail camera also. The Reolink Go works, but it doesn't rotate like the PT.

14-Nov-22
Walmart had a whole stack of Tactacams last week. Believe they were $139.

14-Nov-22
Eufy has a wifi based system; Mine is solar powered and no fees.It is holding up well. S 40 system is the one I have,connects to phone and home PC.

14-Nov-22
I've used home security cameras. You can buy a directional wifi antenna to extend tange a long ways. It runs through your home internet and notifies your phone instantly with video or pics. No cellular plan. I think most of the cameras run off a rechargeable battery. Overnight charge should last a month or so. Add solar for extended life.

23-Nov-22
Spammers bringing up old threads.

04-May-23
Been using the Moultrie edge when I’m gone. It’s amazing what comes up the driveway

04-May-23
Tactacam on my driveway too. 100yds from the house. I know they are here before they park.

04-May-23
"D'OH!" (In Homer Simpson voice)

04-May-23
Lol, I've been caught more than once posting on a thread that was several years old! Wonder if dude every picked out a camera?

20-Dec-23
"Small animals like deer" oh Mr AI bot, you so silly!

20-Dec-23
I use a Vosker V150

20-Dec-23
I use both. I have several Ring cam’s watching my remote Ohio home watching several different angles including my garage, driveway, all three entrances. I also have two Moultrie Edge cams watching my driveway in two different places. It’s about as good as it’s gonna get and it provides peace of mind for me when I’m not there.

20-Dec-23
Pat does it ignore small animals like deer? Lol

20-Dec-23
We recently installed Starlink internet at our Colorado cabin so will be putting up some sort of camera system to monitor it. Anyone have any suggestions on a Wi-Fi system that works well? Have cell cameras but not enough of a signal to be able to transmit pics.

21-Dec-23
Hey! Your son's idea sounds great for added security. For a remote wooded property, cellular cameras are a solid choice. Look into trail cameras with cellular capabilities—they're like the ninja warriors of surveillance. They transmit real-time images and videos without relying on WiFi. Some brands even offer fast data plans for quicker updates. Another cool option is game cameras with motion sensors tailored to ignore small animals like deer.

22-Dec-23
Yes, it's quite important that game cameras are able to ignore small animals like deer. Lol

22-Dec-23
Well, if your deer are puny...

22-Dec-23
If you're going to use a trail camera for security make sure it has the quality necessary to legibly get a license plate that is moving past. In reality, I think very few make the cut.

IMO a lot of people want a security cam but don't spend a lot of money on one and then that one in a million happens and they're like "YES! I've got a camera!" but then they go to reference the photos and it doesn't help them jack all. If you're going to install a camera, make darn sure it will do what you need it to do, otherwise you're just as good off with a sign saying you have a camera even if you don't.

Just last week had a business friend had guys break into his compound. His security cameras were from Costco and did nothing for him. Most trail cameras are same thing IMO. Just make sure what you do is worth it.

22-Dec-23
Adam, trail cams at night are useless for identifying anything. All you see is headlights. They work pretty well during daylight though. I set mine on video as there is very little traffic on my road.

But even the night cam pics will confirm that something happened at my place. A few months ago I got a ring alert that my system went offline. I have them on a backup battery power so if anyone cuts my power the rings and cell backup will still operate. I pulled up Moultrie Mobile and confirmed nobody came down my road. So I had peace of mind that everything was ok.

• Sitka Gear