midwest 12-Apr-21
Dale06 12-Apr-21
'Ike' (Phone) 12-Apr-21
jstephens61 18-Apr-21
Blood 18-Apr-21
11-Apr-21

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
standswittaknife's embedded Photo
My view... sucks.. well other than the picture of my wife and girls of course.. but would rather be out chasing turkeys.. for us poor CPAs finishing up tax season (don’t care about the extended deadline.. mine is April 15th) show us some of your actual views..

11-Apr-21
My season starts next Saturday, patience. Did see a couple toms and a hen by the house yesterday and a tom and hen this morning out in the rain.

11-Apr-21

WV Mountaineer's embedded Photo
WV Mountaineer's embedded Photo
Currently this is my view. Watching a little boob tube. Nursing a not feeling so good wife. Thinking about God, my family, hunting turkeys, and some invoices and estimates I have to complete this afternoon.

I’m very excited to be hunting next Monday for sure. Good luck to you all and God Bless.

11-Apr-21
I feel for you, Danny...Tax Season is Hell for you guys, and unfortunately, "crunch time" always aligns with Turkey Season.

Hope you can get a break soon.

11-Apr-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
I'm not one to get into Turkey hunting though I have arrowed a few.. BUT one of my best bowhunting friends from another state is nuts over bird hunting (ANY bird). He invited me to go with him to Nebraska & pick me up on his way for their bow only season which opened a few days ago. I declined BUT he went. He chose a walk in only area that he had never been b/4. FIRST day, he was snowed in. 2nd day, nasty as crap but he went & Arrowed one in all the crappy weather. So, he gets another tag & sure as hell, arrows another. Pics aren't the greatest as off my phone but he is the bird killer for sure. Our season not open yet but I haven't decided if I will go.. Good luck to the rest of you.

12-Apr-21

Timbrhuntr's embedded Photo
Timbrhuntr's embedded Photo
Ha Ha ! Been watching these guys for a few weeks now.

12-Apr-21

right off my deck eating bird seed. 10 feet from the door

12-Apr-21

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Here’s a couple of characters checking out the view, from a couple of weeks ago.

The wife and I went out for awhile this morning, but no luck. Wind was howling. Well give it a try again tomorrow morning.

Danny......I’ll try and have her shoot out of “W2” (window #2) in a show of solidarity and sympathy, for your untimely workload situation ;-)

12-Apr-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Iowa opened today. I've been in blind since 5:30. Had a shy, strutting tom skirt around me but wouldn't commit to the decoys. Only thing that's come in for a visit so far is this lonely hen.

12-Apr-21
I hunted western Ne near the Wyoming border, fri, sat and sun. Fri the wind was 20-30 mph, snowed sideways shortly after sun up for an hour. I saw a pair of gobblers at 80 yards and a small flock of two gobblers and a few hens at 150 yards in an all day sit. None had any interest in my decoys or calling. Saturday I sat up by a huge flock by a roost. They flew down and fed and strutted 100-600 yards from me all day. They had zero interest in my calling and decoys. But at 1:30 one gobbler came to my jake decoy. At nine yards, he fanned and faced away from me. I Texas heart shot him. He ran 20 yards and tipped over dead. I had two tags. Hunted again Sunday, wind was 30 plus mph. I had two gobblers walk by at 40 yards, but would not come to decoys/calling. I’ve bowhunted turkeys 25 years and have never seen them less responsive to calling and decoys.

12-Apr-21

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Just to help you out...

:-)

18-Apr-21

jstephens61's embedded Photo
jstephens61's embedded Photo
Not opening morning but second morning

18-Apr-21
Still have a week and a half till it opens in CT...... staring at the wall right now.

• Sitka Gear