RidgeRock 18-Apr-21
JLeMieux 18-Apr-21
hunt'n addict 18-Apr-21
Cheesehead Mike 19-Apr-21
Shiloh 19-Apr-21
JLeMieux 19-Apr-21
Lechwe 19-Apr-21
11-Apr-21
Anyone use Mindlnsoles in there boots? Or what's a good insole?

11-Apr-21
Gel soles by dr scholls

11-Apr-21
I have tried several, and ended with Lathrop & Sons. Best money I have ever spent.

11-Apr-21
Yep, Lathrop and sons for me too

12-Apr-21
I like RedWings insoles.

There thicker bed version RW 2200(or whatever your arch type is) They have an computer foot map that recommends an arch type. Kinda pricey(70$) but I use them in all my boots and shoes. Worth it and not as expensive as really custom othotics.

12-Apr-21
Superfeet....Couple different types, like OH!

12-Apr-21
I tried a bunch of different ones. My feet like Lathrop and Sons.

12-Apr-21
I've tried a bunch. I eventually threw the Sole and Superfeet away, way too hard and slick creating hot spots under the toes. I now use the Lathrop & Sons. The Dr Scholls athletic gel were good too but took up too much volume in the Hanwags.

12-Apr-21
I tried 'gel' soles, they seem too spongy. Others may like the feel.

12-Apr-21
I have L&S insoles in all my quality footwear. I like that they are sticky on the bottom and stay seated. I like that the material on top is antibacterial and tough.

I have the Superfeet Trophy Series (camo color) in my daily walking shoes for support but the fabric breaks down on them.

I will admit I know the Lathrop’s but Their stuff is quality.

If they don’t size your insoles (like you just get them online or at Cabelas or something), be sure to cut them like 1/8” bigger than the insoles that were in the footwear.

After extreme wet and conditions they do shrink up slightly.

13-Apr-21
Gel soles by dr scholls

13-Apr-21
I tried a bunch of different ones. My feet like Lathrop and Sons.

13-Apr-21
I haven't noticed that Ohio. I use them in Hanwag Alaska's and Lowa Camino's.

14-Apr-21
I haven't noticed it in Lowa Camino's, or Keens or Lacrosse rubber boots. I use the same set of insoles and switch to each pair as I use them. L and S.

14-Apr-21
I have them in my boots and running shoes. I do have a minor problems with my right foot sliding, but I attribute that to a smaller right foot due to an injury I had as a kid. No sliding problems with my normal foot.

16-Apr-21
Hey Duane, I have a smaller left foot due to injuries, maybe we should swap one boot with each other :-)

17-Apr-21
Mike, do you add an extra (thin) insole into one boot to take up the un-needed space?

I have thick and thin insoles that I change out sometimes to accommodate different sock thicknesses. They fine tune the fit.

17-Apr-21
No one has said SHEEP FEET yet. Pretty expensive, but it's another option.

17-Apr-21
Sole Softec Response

18-Apr-21
Softec Response - 1.6mm cushioning. Softec Ultra - 3.2mm cushioning. I have both. I like the 1.6mm better. Been wearing them for maybe 15 years. Love them. Have maybe 12 pairs now. Have them in all my boots. You can find them on Ebay sometimes for less than $20.

18-Apr-21
Do any of you suffer from plantar fasciitis? If so what insoles are you using?

18-Apr-21
Cheesehead - You don't want my smaller right foot, and I don't want your smaller left foot. LOL. I have enough problems with my right foot. I had surgery again the beginning of Feb. trying to make it better. Thanks for the offer though.

L&S had a bit of a challenge with my situation, but even then last fall elk hunting I put on 57 miles in 6 days, and I had no blisters or any more soreness than my BIL or nephew.

19-Apr-21
Duane, I was thinking swapping boots not feet, that sounds a little drastic lol!

Dana, yes I sometimes mix and match insoles or wear different socks but I mainly just deal with it by lacing one boot tighter.

19-Apr-21
I have plantar fasciitis Jeremy, so I am also interested. Mine is not bad, but aggravating

19-Apr-21
Same here Josh.

19-Apr-21
I have all kinds of issues with my feet being sore after a day in the woods and blisters as well. I've tried everything out there for the most part with no real relief. I finally came down to Lathrop & Sons and Sheep Feet. after researching a ton and talking to people I settled on Sheep Feet. Just sent the foot impressions back this morning. Anxiously waiting for my insoles to see if they make a difference.

Good luck

• Sitka Gear