WYelkhunter 12-Apr-21
Bob H in NH 12-Apr-21
Realwarrior 13-Apr-21
WapitiBob 14-Apr-21
DanaC 14-Apr-21
ahunter76 14-Apr-21
11-Apr-21

Huntcell 's Link
* Annual conservation stamp will increase by $9. To fund agreements with private landowners to allow access across their properties to landlocked public lands. * House Bill 122 was signed into law.

Us lifetime conservation card holders will have to make a voluntary donation to the cause.

http://www.trcp.org/2021/04/02/wyoming-passes-law-aimed-improving-hunter-angler-access/

11-Apr-21
""More than 4 million acres of federal and state lands in Wyoming lack permanent legal public access because they are surrounded by private lands, according to a report by the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership and onX, which helped spur the legislation.""

That is a lot of locked up land.

One of the commenters questioned why folks have to pay these landowners for access to public land. He is a little upset. His views......

"" Robert Coet April 9, 2021

This is a great start! But please tell me why we have to pay a landowner for access to our public lands! There should be a federal law requiring access without payment, or they will have there cattle grazing lease revoked for these lands! I’m tired of trying to play nice with landowners taking profits from grazing and paid hunters at our expense! I demand access now without payment!""

11-Apr-21
If he had 3 firing brain cells he wouldn't need to be told why.

11-Apr-21
Might as well demand public hunting on all private land too and defund the WG&F while you’re at it.

12-Apr-21
I think they are going to have a hard time getting land owners to do this. We have land in the walk in program. I am about to pull it all out because some people just cant respect land owners and their land even when given the privilege to access it.

12-Apr-21
I always make a point to stop and quickly thank the landowner of walkin areas if I see them

First year here my wife was putting landowner tag in drop box when landowner are by. He was excited to here her story

13-Apr-21
WapitiBob, what's tout 3 firing brain cells tell you? Mine are that the 1. Cattlemans associations have powerful lobbyist 2. Grazing generates some funds and provides some habitat enhancements that don't come from federal budgets 3. Most federal land managers don't care if recreational users have access. Without access they don't have to patrol and police those lands thereby putting there resources where there stew more readily needed. What say you?

14-Apr-21
"But please tell me why we have to pay a landowner for access to our public lands!"

it's private land

14-Apr-21
Some landowners see land-locked public property as an extension of their own and are happy to keep it locked up. Some are happy to grant access. Some like to be compensated for granting right-of-way through their holdings. Trying to fit a single solution to these different circumstances is going to meet maximum resistance. Better to work _with_ land owners whenever possible.

14-Apr-21
I think they are going to have a hard time getting land owners to do this. We have land in the walk in program. I am about to pull it all out because some people just cant respect land owners and their land even when given the privilege to access it. As stated above. SADLY, this is true. It's our small % of slobs that cause the problems for most. With access across a ranch I'm guessing that landowner will witness added problems (trash, wondering off the legal path ect.). I've bowhunted several walk in areas & make it a point to respect all the rules. I make sure the "ticket" gets in the box too. I feel Don't complain about a small 'indvidual" fee for land we would otherwise not see. I hope this all works out for the best of both parties (Hunter & Landowner).

• Sitka Gear