fisherick 13-Apr-21
fisherick 13-Apr-21
BUCKeye 13-Apr-21
smarba 14-Apr-21
Burly 14-Apr-21
Live2Hunt 14-Apr-21
Boris 15-Apr-21
12-Apr-21
Got a springy rest and wanted to try it on my aero force.tried a whisker biscuit,but not happy with using feathers with it.,thanks Dan

12-Apr-21
I used to shoot springy's back in the 80's and they are hard on feathers.

13-Apr-21
If you want to go back to the 80s maybe try a flipper rest. But no way I'd go back to anything of that era...except parachute pants. I'd go back to them LOL.

13-Apr-21
If you cover the spring with moleskin it is much easier on the feathers. I still use one on an old Mathews Conquest 2.

13-Apr-21
You could also cover the spring with a Teflon tube or even heat shrink. But a flipper will be a lot easier on feathers.

13-Apr-21
For God's sake why? What is your goal with that move given other options

13-Apr-21
He is probably a finger shooter and shot a springy years ago successfully. Can anyone suggest a finger shooter friendly modern rest?

13-Apr-21
He is probably a finger shooter and shot a springy years ago successfully. Can anyone suggest a finger shooter friendly modern rest?

13-Apr-21
NAP centerrest flipper.

14-Apr-21
"Finger friendly" and "modern" generally don't go together. Nobody has put any technology into finger rests for decades. There simply isn't enough demand for it.

I stuck with fingers on my compound for far longer than most, but got fed up with the limited rest options and their general fragility. In conjunction with my fingers not working so smoothly as I aged I switched to release over a decade ago and have never looked back.

14-Apr-21
Put a flipper rest on it.

14-Apr-21
As mentioned, go with a flipper rest. I would wrap a piece of sticky back felt over the top of the tube that goes on the wire if your hunting with it.

15-Apr-21
I agree with the NAP center rest. Shot the NAP plunger rest on all my eagles. If you can find one of those that would be better. But, the center rest can be bought at Lancaster archery, something like 20-25 dollars.

• Sitka Gear