Wild Bill 19-Apr-21
Wild Bill 19-Apr-21
Wild Bill 19-Apr-21
Scoot 19-Apr-21
Vonfoust 27-Apr-21
Scoot 27-Apr-21
TODDY 27-Apr-21
18-Apr-21
I am looking for some help with a picture that I have. I need someone who has more photo editing skills than me. Who is the resident expert at that sort of thing around here these days? Any chance somebody could help me?

18-Apr-21
I don’t use photoshop but do use Lightroom quite a bit. Let me know what you are trying to do. If think I can help can have you email me picture.

18-Apr-21
Not so much a resident anymore but if you know how to contact Bill Allard, he helped me out in the past with a photo.

18-Apr-21
JIMBOW is your guy. I don’t see him post on here much anymore, but I thought I saw him post something the other day on one of the threads. He does an incredible job cleaning up trophy pics.

18-Apr-21
Jimbo is the man with deslobbering photos. He helped a buddy last year, so I'm guessing hes still around. He takes VPA, 150 g., non vented as payment.....lol. I would confirm, in case he's switched heads.....

19-Apr-21

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Amazing how many great people there are on this site! I have received a bunch of messages and offers to help and I greatly appreciate it!

I’m working on a project that will include the deer my son and I shot after my dad passed this past fall. We put his name on our arrows and dedicated the bucks to him. I’m mounting them on a really cool, rough cut board and I think it’ll look really great. In between the two mounts I’d like to put a picture of my dad and Ryan on a small 5x7 canvas. The only problem is that if you don’t have a good amount of background in a picture, the people in the picture get cut off when the pic wraps around the edges of the canvas.

A couple people asked me to post the pic in this thread so they could work from it here- so here it is!

So here’s what I’m looking for… can you copy the water above/behind them and paste it in above their heads to essentially extend the water in the background above/behind them? That would functionally “move the people down” in the frame so that when I do the canvas they won’t have their heads wrapped around the edge of the frame.

If it's unclear what I'm asking, feel free to fire away with questions. Also, I've sent several people the pic in response to their offer to help me, so I'll happily take the first "good fix" and then I'll call off the dogs so people don't waste their effort on this. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the offers for help!

19-Apr-21
Great pic, scoot! Can’t wait to see the finished product, that will no doubt have an even more special significance to you guys.

Just a thought....if possible, maybe photoshop a Packers logo on your shirt...If it costs a little more to do that, Brotsky and I would chip in some extra coin ;-)

19-Apr-21
Scoot I have had a few canvases made. I don’t remember the company I used. However I know there are several that offer options other than wrapping the edges around the side. One I have at my store is some bighorns I’d did not want what you are talking about to happen. So I chose a option called blurred edge. It looks good. If you have not already go to the website of the canvas print company you want to use and add you picture to there “build a canvas” a good one should be able to cure what you are worried about. You will be able to exactly what front and sides will look like. Some of the companies website will let you do more than others. The ones on Amazon are pretty basic.

19-Apr-21
Yep. Great pic for sure.

19-Apr-21
Thank you everyone (except t-roy) for the excellent feedback and help! Between JohnMC's suggestions and some photoshop help from a couple bowsiters, I think I'm in good shape! Thanks again for your help, fellas!

19-Apr-21

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
How's this?

19-Apr-21

How's this?

19-Apr-21

Ooops, I missed the bar at the bottom.

19-Apr-21
That's great- thanks Wild Bill!

27-Apr-21
Not good Wild Bill. The Vikings logo is still visible.

27-Apr-21
Haha look at all the haters! What's to hate about the Minnesota Vikings? Unless you strongly dislike mediocrity and let down, there's not much to hate for MN professional sports teams. ??

27-Apr-21
Amen Scoot! But hey, at least we got the Lynx! Lol!! Sad.... :0( But a very cool photo regardless. Very cool! Toddy

• Sitka Gear