drycreek 21-Apr-21
Ken Moody Safaris 21-Apr-21
Ken Moody Safaris 21-Apr-21
scott7030 22-Apr-21
Huntcell 22-Apr-21
19-Apr-21

Ken Moody Safaris's embedded Photo
Three big dagga boys coming off waterhole this past Saturday. The lack of hunting in 2020 has seen a huge increase in both numbers and quality of all species. Should be a great season this year.

19-Apr-21

Three big dagga boys coming off waterhole this past Saturday. The lack of hunting in 2020 has seen a huge increase in both numbers and quality of all species. Should be a great season this year.

19-Apr-21
What the?

I can’t see the bosses, but man the width and drops are ridiculous.

19-Apr-21
Honestly, it’s tough to really gauge an animal from a photo and this one was taken at quite a distance so it’s a bit grainy when you zoom in. The width is great on the two bulls you can see head on. Size of the head must first be determined but on average the ears are around 32 to 34” in width which means a bull with a horn spread even with the ears will average around that. If you can estimate a hands width between the tips of the ears and the outside width of the horns, the bull will be right about 40”. These two look considerably bigger but the bull on the right appears to have a bit smaller head than the one on the left. Again, it’s a photo and nobody likes to call a photo, but I’d say these bulls will ground measure roughly 42” or a bit better.

19-Apr-21
Is that what Bob Ruark meant when he said “He looks at you like you owe him money” ?

19-Apr-21

More like this.

19-Apr-21
I haven't gotten the Africa itch yet but man those are wicked looking bulls. Whoever gets a chance at them will be thrilled for sure!

21-Apr-21
Once you do a proper cape buffalo hunt, that itch will never stop. The only scratch is doing another.

21-Apr-21
Those buffalo are just crazy big. Makes me want to go back and kill another one.

21-Apr-21
Ken, When I look at Cape Buffalo that are this size, the curvature of the horns always intrigues me. When the horns curl in that much, aren't they almost to the point where they can no longer be used to impale a threatening predator? Granted, the bull could still do a lot of damage by head butting a predator into the dirt, and even a sideways motion would be deadly if something was between the horn tips......but I always wondered why the horns don't grow forward, instead of into a tight curl? Obviously it isn't an evolutionary requirement, as they seem to be doing fine when human intervention isn't a factor. Is that curvature actually an advantage....because an impaled predator could claw or rake at their face? Just curious.....

21-Apr-21
You didn’t ask me Jake, but I don’t think forward facing horns are that important when you’re built like a bulldozer. That sucker would be all over you if it came to that, head, hooves, knees, and horns. They have always fascinated me and I couldn’t imagine hunting in Africa without hunting a Cape Buffalo.

21-Apr-21
It might appear that way Jake, but buffalo have the uncanny ability to get you in between the horns and then work you over. Ultimately, they get you on the ground and pound you into the dirt. They are relentless when angry.

21-Apr-21
You’re always welcome Pat. I have a free range area in SA that makes C10 look like a cake walk. I think you’d much enjoy it. We hunt the cattle egrets who hunt the buffalo. Once we find those white birds we know what’s in the thickets below.

22-Apr-21
Pat, You should go back and shoot another buff. I miss your semi live hunts from exotic places. Seems like we've been lacking in that department for a few years now.

Scott

22-Apr-21
Monsters! look like a whole different sub-species of BUFF.

Buffgiganticus!

• Sitka Gear