midwest 19-Apr-21
Matt 19-Apr-21
elkmtngear 19-Apr-21
Tonybear61 19-Apr-21
Old School 19-Apr-21
SBH 19-Apr-21
hawkeye in PA 19-Apr-21
19-Apr-21
In what sounds like a very unusual tragedy, apparently someone was killed by archery gear during turkey season. I wonder if they were "reaping" with a turkey fan, or if decoys of some sort were used. I believe the 62 year old hunter was from Sioux Falls. Accident happened near White, SD....apparently Brookings County.

19-Apr-21
Jake you have a link?

19-Apr-21
Unfortunately, no. I just got the first two sentences of an article in the Rapid City Journal, which I do not subscribe to.....

19-Apr-21
Jake, I have been told the victim was struck by an arrow fired by his son which was somehow deflected. I don't know any other details at this point other than the victim was an amazing man and father and extremely well respected in our community. My heart aches for his family, they are in my prayers.

19-Apr-21
Mark Steinborn, right? What a shame.

19-Apr-21

Brotsky's Link
The obituary for Mark is at my link. Can't fathom what this family is going through. So very sad. Please pray for them.

19-Apr-21
That is terrible! I wonder these days with the crossbow is being legal, to me it’s more of a concern on public land that even a compound or tradbow.

19-Apr-21
WHITE, S.D. (AP) — Sheriff's officials have identified the victim of a fatal hunting accident in Brookings County.

Mark Steinborn, 62, of Sioux Falls died Friday when he was accidentally shot with an arrow while bow hunting turkeys in White.

Life saving measures were attempted at the scene, but were unsuccessful. The incident is under investigation by the Brookings County Sheriff’s Office.

19-Apr-21
I hate hearing about things like this. Very sad indeed and sounds like a great guy and a family man. My prayers go out to the family, especially to his son who has to live with this tragic accident.

19-Apr-21
That’s terrible. I sure hope the details come out, so we can learn from it.

19-Apr-21
Wow! Sad! Prayers to the family. Can't imagine the trauma felt by his son. Paul

19-Apr-21
Dale06 X 2

19-Apr-21
Yes. Sad indeed.

19-Apr-21
How terribly sad! Prayers to his entire family, and added prayers for his son in helping deal with the additional emotions that he will have to face for years to come.

19-Apr-21
That sucks....he sounds like a stand up guy. Send prayer to the family and friends.

19-Apr-21
Just awful. Prayers to the family.

19-Apr-21
Tragic, my thoughts go out to his family.

19-Apr-21
Praying for this Family, I can't imagine anything much worse!

19-Apr-21
Prayers to the family. No one should die due to a mistake in the woods or a deflection.

Firearms hunters know the creed be aware of your target what is in front and behind it. In the case of arrows or bolts they can richocet and if sharped properly can just be pushed through a person with minimal effort. Most archery deaths are due to that, "self-inflicted" wounds.

Be careful out there.

19-Apr-21
Sad to see this. Prayers for the family dealing with such grief. We’ve all got a lot to be thankful for each day.

19-Apr-21
Cannot imagine the pain they are going through. What a terrible event. So sad to hear. Prayers to the family for sure. Makes a guy shake his head and wonder why stuff like that happens. Ugh.

19-Apr-21
Prayers for the family, this is horrible news.

• Sitka Gear