tkjwonta 21-Apr-21
TEmbry 22-Apr-21
IdyllwildArcher 22-Apr-21
Tracker 24-Apr-21
Bou'bound 24-Apr-21
txhunter58 25-Apr-21
txhunter58 25-Apr-21
21-Apr-21
I got an e-Mail from CO yesterday that my sheep application was unsuccessful. Does anyone know when the deer draw will be ?

Thanks in advance

21-Apr-21
^....wondering about moose, too. I thought the results would be released in June....but I thought that the same was true was sheep as well.

21-Apr-21

iceman's embedded Photo
iceman's embedded Photo

21-Apr-21
Thanks

21-Apr-21
Not sure why, in this day and age, with the computing capacity we have, these drawings can’t be done much faster. Could understand if they were still paper applications but with all electronic? Give me a break!

21-Apr-21
I was surprised the sheep draw happened so quick

21-Apr-21
Tavis your missing the glass half full part of. It gives you more time not to be disappointed in what you did not draw. For the next month plus I can be excited about the moose tag I am going to draw. Then in late May that turns into disappointment that for 20 plus years no moose tag.

21-Apr-21
A lot more years here plugging away for moose in CO. Was trying for a number of years before points and have max points now...

Sucks to have to buy now them when they don’t really help.

21-Apr-21
"Not sure why, in this day and age, with the computing capacity we have, these drawings can’t be done much faster."

California posts results about 10 days after the close of the app period. For all that state's failings, they do one thing right and show that with computers, there's no reason for these long delays.

Look at Utah! Thankfully the app period closes early because they take like 3 months before they post results...

What in God's name are they doing with the applications? I'm imagining Quasimodo picking pieces of paper out of a giant hat one at a time and fumbling with an ink well and quill writing down a name on a scroll...

21-Apr-21
They won’t even decide on the final tag numbers until their May 5-6 CPW meeting. So they will have them posted 3 weeks after finalizing those. Not an excessive time really. Just get busy doing something and it will be here before you know it

But yeah, seems like it could be faster!

21-Apr-21
I think one problem is all the states setting the application dates so that they can attract maximum $. You either want to be super early so you can get that sweet NR cash before any other state deadlines come up (WY elk, AZ elk, UT), or super late so that you can pick up all the people that struck out (WY deer, antelope, NV). As one example, the NV deadline used to be earlier than this year's mid-May deadline.

22-Apr-21
It’s also a crazy concept to me that draws application periods are closed before final tag numbers are even posted.

22-Apr-21
Here's another crazy thing: AZ's archery deer season starts like 6-7 weeks after the results come out and 99%+ of AZ's residents live >2 hour's drive from the strip.

24-Apr-21
States are making more money on applications than they are on license fees. They don't want you knowing your successful in one state ad not apply in there's.

24-Apr-21
How is there a separate payment deadline. All that info was provided with the application. Don't they just hit the card for the amount if you draw.

Does something else need to be done once you draw to tender payment?

25-Apr-21
No, nothing else to do, but from the time you applied until they try and draw on the card for the tag is long enough that you card may not be valid. I just had a card compromised last week and had to cancel it. If that was the card and I didn’t change it in their system.... also I actually entered my CC info last year and if you don’t update “expiration date” info that happens between application and tag charges, that means they can’t get paid either

25-Apr-21

• Sitka Gear